Stereo Videos not Working Anymore but 3DV Gaming Works Fine

spin1
Cross Eyed!

Stereo Videos not Working Anymore but 3DV Gaming Works Fine

Post by spin1 »

I have quite a few stereo videos and none are working properly anymore. These used to always work no problem but suddenly not working I think since I started using 3D Fix Manager to install 3D Vision or at least since Nvidia driver v442.19 (most recent driver that 3D Fix Manager installs).

3D works perfect with games so that's not the problem. Also, when playing a stereoscopic movie, the monitor and 3D emitter do switch into 3D mode but the video player's video is only displaying either the left or right side movie even though they should be combined.

I normally use the latest version of Stereoscopic Player / NV 3D Vision Player (v2.5.1). I downloaded 2 other stereoscopic video players (Bino and another one) but literally the exact same thing happens.

I went to the FFDshow website and downloaded the codec pack but that didn't fix the issue. I never had to download any codec packs or anything before so I knew I shouldn't have to download the pack but I did so just to try.

FFDShow install said I had to uninstall the LAV codec (or filters or something) that Stereoscopic Player installed so I did so. After realizing FFDshow didn't fix the issue, I reinstalled Stereoscopic Player which reinstalled the LAV codecs/filters so all that's back to normal.

What could be causing all video players to only be showing the left (or right) image even though the PC/monitor seem to successfully be switching to 3D mode?

P.S. Just for clarity's sake, the video players show the left and right image side-by-side when in 2D mode but when I switch to 3D mode and the video becomes centered, there's only 1 image (left or right) playing rather than both on top of each other.

Win 8.1 64-bit
i7-9700K
RTX 2080 Ti
3x 1440p Dell S2716DG
Robert256
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Stereo Videos not Working Anymore but 3DV Gaming Works Fine

Post by Robert256 »

Stereoscopic Player works fine with the latest drivers, so probably an error in your setup. You can try BringBack3DV.
spin1
Cross Eyed!

Post by spin1 »

PROBLEM IDENTIFIED & RESOLVED

When NOT using the Nvidia 3D Vision Player license file, the videos work perfectly. When I replace the Stereoscopic Player's unregistered license file with the NV 3D Player's license file, the issue presents itself.

The AVC/MVC Decoder portion of Stereoscopic Player has a 30-day free trial limit.

I guess if I find an older version of the NV 3D Video Player then that version's license file will probably work fine (like they always did). Maybe I'm using a newer license file from when Nvidia "broke" 3D Vision Player...I'll grab an old version of the NV 3DV Player license file and apply that and I'm guessing that should work.
Robert256 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:12 am Stereoscopic Player works fine with the latest drivers, so probably an error in your setup. You can try BringBack3DV.
Yup. No problem with the drivers or 3D Fix Manager or anything, see above :)
spin1
Cross Eyed!

Post by spin1 »

I did some further tests and got the Stereoscopic Player to fully work while unregistered like before. If you use an older license file like from the Nvidia 3D Vision Player v1.7.5 here -> https://codecpack.co/download/NVIDIA-3D ... layer.html or probably also v1.7.2 here -> https://www.techspot.com/downloads/5454 ... layer.html then everything works again: 3D Vision videos + registered Stereoscopic Player. It's only when using the newer license file, like from Nvidia 3D Vision Player v2.50 or v2.4.3 (I tried both), does the problem return.

This thread can be closed as the issue seems to be resolved.
Last edited by spin1 on Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
tehax
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tehax »

Could you correct the links, they do not work?
spin1
Cross Eyed!

Post by spin1 »

tehax wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:00 am Could you correct the links, they do not work?
Links updated and confirmed working :)

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”