Battlefield 3 Stereoscopic 3D Review

Post your comments about official MTBS game reviews here.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Ok!  Before I begin, you are probably wondering why the heck it took ages to get this game review out!  I mean, Battlefield 3 has been out for MONTHS!  It’s been hyped, played, patched – where the heck was MTBS’ review during all this time?  We had a very good reason to hold off which will be explained later in the review.

Read full article...
Earmack
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Battlefield 3 Stereoscopic 3D Review

Post by Earmack »

Nice=)
Fasty
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Fasty »

I'll have to check it out using DDD, but I really do struggle playing multiplayer fps games when the player markers are at screen depth.
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

One thing that makes BF3 very unique is the feature to completely turn off stereo 3d during optic and iron sight aiming, this is the next best thing to having true aiming (One eye through the optics/iron sight and one eye kept at the target).

Bye the way, im now ranked as #22 in the world on Scout heli :D

http://bf3stats.com/leaderboard/pc_veh.shAH6
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

CyberVillain wrote: Bye the way, im now ranked as #22 in the world on Scout heli :D

http://bf3stats.com/leaderboard/pc_veh.shAH6
Nice one!
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

Battlefield 3 is great in 3D, no flaws. I use Nvidia 3D Vision kit and a 50" TV. Only I get a little lag when turning on 3D. Didn't get that with Battlefield 2 and a 19" CRT monitor. Don't know why?
IORILORI
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by IORILORI »

how i can fix the reversed rendering, icant find the option of manually swap the images on my DisplayPort 3D monitor.
i have AOC e2352Phz you can see it hir http://www.digitalversus.com/lcd-monitor.html
i want to use AMD HD3D not TriDef.
Neil

Post by Neil »

It depends. Are you playing with the 3D support built into BF3, or are you using the DDD drivers?

Regards,
Neil
IORILORI
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by IORILORI »

i want to use he 3D support built into BF3. because whith DDD drivers u can simply swap the images in the game with tridef option.
IORILORI
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by IORILORI »

i have an other problem when i open tridef the image of flowers is not on 3d, and whene i reversed the glasses the flowrs look out of monitor. i dont no if the problem is an the monitor or whith tridef3d driver.
Fasty
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Fasty »

I have that same monitor. Update the monitor driver with the Zalman file in the second post on this page.
http://3dvision-blog.com/forum/viewtopi ... =14&t=2025
You will lose hdmi sound, but you will gain native interlace support with 3D Vision which should solve all your problems :). If you want sound, try the Acer one I'm the third post, but I found it to be less stable.
IORILORI
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by IORILORI »

i have ATI not NVIDIA? does it work?
Neil

Post by Neil »

3D Vision output won't run on your monitor (with an AMD GPU of course). However, in all honesty, you really aren't missing out on anything. In this case, the DDD output is by far the best option. I have an ASUS 3D Vision 27" display, and it has barely had any BF3 time on it outside of the review. It would be awesome if I could get the DDD drivers running with BF3 on that - but I'm afraid it's not possible yet.

Regards,
Neil
IORILORI
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by IORILORI »

i tried Zalman driver the same problems
Fasty
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Fasty »

oops sorry, I got the posts mixed up which is why i suggested the 3D vision fix.
houpla
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by houpla »

it works on my hd6870 in hdmi to a asus VG23ah passive monitor however, the eyes are inverted, and I can't change it in the game or in the monitor !
Neil

Post by Neil »

The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

Introduction Single Player Review Multiplayer Review Stereoscopic 3D Support AMD HD3D Nvidia 3D Vision DDD TriDef Ignition Conclusion Ok!  Before I begin, you are probably wondering why the heck it took ages to get this game review out!  I mean, Battlefield 3 has been out for MONTHS!  It’s been hyped, played, patched – where the heck was MTBS’ review during all this time?  We had a very good reason to hold off which will be explained later in the review. In today’s article, we will give an in-depth review of Battlefield 3, it’s Return to Karkland expansion pack, and of course its stereoscopic 3D gaming support.  More than that, ...

Return to “MTBS Game Review User Remarks”