Website URLs

This website is for our members. Do you have some design ideas? Are there features you would like to see? What additions would drive this site forward? POST YOUR IDEAS HERE!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Website URLs

Post by Neil »

Hi Guys!

I'm still looking forward to your ideas. My web designers are going to be back from vacation soon, and I want to give them a pile of work to do! :wink:

Neil
sharky

Post by sharky »

ok then here you have some ideas that i would do if the site would be mine:

1) give it a more professional look. the monitor here (menu) is perspectively not correct, and the steel behind has nothing to do with s3d. if you need some help for that just say it.. ;)

2) change the logo. i am going to work on that today because i was ill (actually i am) but i feel a bit better. i would remove the eyes and replace them with something that remins 3d. like shutterglasses or something like that.. i am going to make some different trys and post them. the text "meant to be seen" needs absolutely to be 3d. that means that the first and the last letter are small and the more you get to the middle the bigger they are. mtbs3d.com uses too much space. that goes against the text you have below wich i think is more important and should be bigger. the colors selected are all colors used for kid-toys. i think that colors reminding of tecnology are better. like the mixture blue-grey wich reminds of zink. (for example iz3d is a very good site and reminds me a lot of technology)

3) people come here, read the news and then vanish till some new news are online. we need to have something on our site wich will keep them coming. something like a service. a service for clans for example. many people play online, and everybody cnows at least one person who plays online. if those people know our site then lots of people know our site.
an example could be a world map where a caln admin subscribes and adds the location of every team member. the clan can then log in into his clan account and see what time it is for the other members of the clan... but this is just an example.

4) 98% of the computer players dont even know that 3d EXISTS! we need to pubblish informations about that on pulic doman places like youtube, vdeo.google yahoo, supereva and so on. and when a user comes to this site, he should have teh possibility to click on a link wich has to be GOOD VISIBLE where he can have in a SHORT text all infos about s3D he needs. there should be written: that EVERYBODY can have 3d at home, that it works with lots of games, that it costs not that much, wich different solutions there are and at the end there should be written that if they want more informations they shuld subscribe and give a check to the forum. a problem is that many people don't understand if you say "3d". they think taht games already are in 3d because you can mobe in all directions. just tell them that it is like in imax movies. that the legs of death enemies fly to your face....

5) forum... the forum is absolutly normal. the forum takes away lot of professionality because it seems like "done, put online and finish"... it takes just a LITTLE step to make it look more professional. just install 3 or 4 templates. therea re tons around on the web. just need to search a nice one, not to dark, and in some way connected to 3d... maybe something tecnologic, with a bit of steel effect would do the job. its a 10 min work.

at the moment i dont have any other ideas but in case i will tell you... ;)

if for any of these you need some help just ask.. :D

bye bye

sharky
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

sharky

Post by sharky »

http://www.phpbbhacks.com/templatesdemo/

here you can see a previuew of a lot of templates,

http://www.siteground.com/phpbb-hosting ... plates.htm

and here you can download some good ones!

bye

sharky

sharky

Post by sharky »

6) it would be good to add cookie support to the log in screen. (i mean the anti spam one) so that you log in once and till you format your computer or delete cookies you are ok.. its pretty boring to write username and password 2 times everytime i want to write an answer! and personally i think taht it is a reason for people not posting.adding cookie would solve the problem and still do the job

bye

sharky

Neil

Post by Neil »

Yes - that's all good.

The only thing about the eyes is not all S-3D solutions need glasses. Do something with the eyes - make them look like exited 3D spheres.

I like the cookie idea and the Forum templates. That can all be done.

The clan hub idea is a good one. Let's keep working on ideas for that one.

Regards,
Neil
sharky

Post by sharky »

americas army is the most played online game ever. there are companies wich live selling the servers. we could buy some as company and sell them for the same price we get them. that means that we have the best prices over the web and LOTS of clans would take them from us.

sharky

Post by sharky »

another idea is to create a webpage without all the banners, without the whole menu etc. a stand alone page, not bigger than 50 kb wich includes small buttons to the most visited pages like google, youtube, and so on and at the bottom the buttons to all game and 3d related pages.

that could be the default page of the users. it would let them go wherever they want with just one click. and (because it is a samll file and doesnt cost anything) we could make them personalized. or much better a script where user can create them. so i can select wich pages i want inside, what written on the button, and what background image. for example.

sharky

Post by sharky »

a template like this could be cool for a intro to our site

http://www.templatemonster.com/flash-te ... 14644.html

takes a moment to load the first time

Return to “MTBS Website Ideas”