FreePie keeps dropping its connection to vJoy

Official forum for open source FreePIE discussion and development.
rblammo
One Eyed Hopeful

FreePie keeps dropping its connection to vJoy

Post by rblammo »

Hi,

Please can anyone help me with this problem.

I have been putting together a setup to play Elite Dangerous to try to take my mind off my health problems which have been getting worse and worse since Christmas. I have put a lot of work into this project, and the last of the money I have been saving which inhereted from my dad a few years ago. It's quite a beautiful setup: I have collected an Oculus Rift, a X52 Pro joystick, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, a 3d SpaceMouse, a Razer Tartarus, a Genius MaxFire Pandora Pro mini-gamepad, a Kensington Orbit Trackball, all mounted on Monstertech Table mounts. I am recovering from a stroke and I have a nodule on my thyroid which is making extremely sick (cancer?), I feel worse every day, and and all I want to do is finish this project.

Here's the problem. I have been tying together all these controllers with an extensive Python script using FreePie and vJoy. When it works it is wonderful, I just can't get it to get it to work consistently. It will run for a few minutes, sometimes about a half and hour, and then the inputs into the game stop working. The only I can do then is to reboot FreePie, which for some reason used to take a few seconds but now seems to take up to half a minute. Maybe it's running slower now I'm running on VR. This is is plenty of time to die/crash/get killed etc. and it's basically ruining the game.

I have found some advice online which told me to set all the Human Interface Devices and USB controllers so they are not managed by windows. I thought this would fix the problem, but alas no. It seems that the problem is with vJoy. I have set up a watch window on FreePie and it is recieving input from the physical controllers themselves (the joystick, pedals, etc.), but for some reason the virtual joysticks I have set up with vJoy no longer work.

I found a thread on https://www.bountysource.com/issues/643 ... -with-vjoy which seems to outline the problem, but recompiing FreePie to fix it is a bit beyond me at the moment since I am recovering from a stroke. From what I gather from this link, however, it does seem like a fix is possible.

I would be incredibly grateful for any help, I seem to have come to a dead end and I really don't know what to do from here.

Thanks everyone.
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Re: FreePie keeps dropping its connection to vJoy

Post by CyberVillain »

Hi, sounds tough man, hope you get well!

Here try this compiled version of the plugin, its from the branch you mentioned.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FreePIE”