Possible alternative to 3D vision?

northwall
One Eyed Hopeful

Possible alternative to 3D vision?

Post by northwall »

Looking at this article:

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers ... /a_id/4845

They mentioned something about supporting Volfoni 3D glasses. I tried going to volfoni.com, but it appears the site is down?

Just wondering if anyone looked into this, or has any recent update on alternatives.

Another thing I just wanted to verify, that article says that quad buffered stereo will still be supported on Quadro cards. However, I am assuming this doesn't mean that 3D vision will still be supported on quadro, right? Just wondering if its possible I misread things and that only GeForce cards will have 3d vision support dropped, and not quadro. But the fact that they said "NVIDIA is no longer selling the 3D Vision emitters and glasses." seems to indicate that support for Quadro is being dropped too.
schwing
Cross Eyed!

Re: Possible alternative to 3D vision?

Post by schwing »

The latest archived version is here and it was archived in May.
Win 10 v1909 / 1x Nvidia 980Ti GPU (v452.22, 1080p)
northwall
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by northwall »

Hi schwing!

Thanks for the response, I didn't even think to use webarchive, I take it this means it was last online in May, which doesn't sound too hopeful I guess?

One other idea I have, what about using something like a Samsung 3D TV and hooking that up to your computer? I haven't looked into it too much, I am guessing there might be difficulties with that.

I just would like someway to still be able to render a scene using OpenGL quad buffered stereo, and see the scene in stereo on a computer monitor, with shutter glasses or otherwise. Any ideas are appreciated

Thanks!

Edit: Just found this article, haven't read through it completely but may have to scratch my previous idea... https://www.cnet.com/news/3d-tv-is-now- ... than-ever/
Feisty_Fernando
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

northwall wrote:Hi schwing!

Thanks for the response, I didn't even think to use webarchive, I take it this means it was last online in May, which doesn't sound too hopeful I guess?

One other idea I have, what about using something like a Samsung 3D TV and hooking that up to your computer? I haven't looked into it too much, I am guessing there might be difficulties with that.

I just would like someway to still be able to render a scene using OpenGL quad buffered stereo, and see the scene in stereo on a computer monitor, with shutter glasses or otherwise. Any ideas are appreciated

Thanks!

Edit: Just found this article, haven't read through it completely but may have to scratch my previous idea... https://www.cnet.com/news/3d-tv-is-now- ... than-ever/

What model Samsung 3D TV? With 3D Play installed, you just run a DVI to HDMI adapter cable from video card into your 3D TV and plug the tv's 3D emitter in and use the 3D TV's glasses. If you want to use nvidia 3D Vision, you need the cable which will connect the pyramid to the emitter port on the 3D TV ($90 online, or DIY for $7) and that cable powers the pyramid emitter but then you can use nvidia glasses or xpand 104's once you change the IR setting through the xpand software. The Samsung 3D TV I have is 50", and does 120Hz in 3D. Normal 2D content (using it as a regular pc monitor for example) is locked at 60Hz. It sounds more complicated than it is but there are several options.
northwall
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by northwall »

Hi Feisty,

My concern is that, according to that article, Samsung is dropping support for 3D TVs, so I would have to get something used right?

Is there a 3D TV brand out there that is still active? (or any other alternative)

Thanks

Edit: I just looked up xpand, http://xpandvision.com/gaming/
Is this essentially a working replacement for NVidia 3D vision shutter glasses?
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

LG, the last major supplier supporting 3D TV, stopped making their 3D TVs in 2016. By the way, their passive 4K OLED C6 and E6 models are probably among the best 3D displays ever made. You do NOT need a 3D Vision emitter with any 3D TV, simply use the 3D glasses originally provided with the TV - and Top and Bottom mode (better than SBS) in any game fix’s 3DMigoto settings. EDID overrides exist for passive LG TVs that enable direct use of 3D Vision mode equivalent, without needing to set TaB or SBS display mode.

By the way, I do not recommend using any 3D TV’s inherent 2D->3D conversion mode because of the inferior quality of the 3D produced by the inaccurate depth rendering process - a good helixmod.blogspot game fix is SOOO much better...
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
Feisty_Fernando
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

Those LG 4k tv's are $700 and up. I picked up a used 73" Mitsubishi for $250 and the model offers a number of options like SBS, Interleaved, TaB, etc with the latest firmware update or using its default checkerboard 3D output.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”