Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel

Feisty_Fernando
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

Hello

I've tried the fix to get ESO running in 3D Vision, nothing has worked thus far. I've moved from an HMZ-T1 and Avegant Glyph to a real 3D Vision display with emitter and glasses. Seems much easier to make adjustments when you can see the keyboard. = )

Anyone currently have this running in 3D Vision through the 3D Fix Manager who can give me some tips? The 3D monitor I'm using runs 1680 x 1050 and I have other games running fine in 3D. Just can't get ESO to work.

Also, before this creates a big stink - is it true that a passive 3D tv will only show half of the resolution in 3D?

Thank you
Porlonus
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel

Post by Porlonus »

Taking a look into the mod you do want to use dx11 mode? Some updates seem to have broken the fix. Either you install an older version or try ddr0390's additions (sort for latest and scroll a bit down).

On that passive 3D TV topic: yes, respectively you will setup the same resolution, but you get to see only "half pixels per eye". If you're interested and it's possible try to get one with internal checkerboard (not just accepts such a format), quite a few seem to recognize the vertical lines. But I dunno if it's still recommended on passive 4k TVs.
Feisty_Fernando

Porlonus wrote:Taking a look into the mod you do want to use dx11 mode? Some updates seem to have broken the fix. Either you install an older version or try ddr0390's additions (sort for latest and scroll a bit down).

On that passive 3D TV topic: yes, respectively you will setup the same resolution, but you get to see only "half pixels per eye". If you're interested and it's possible try to get one with internal checkerboard (not just accepts such a format), quite a few seem to recognize the vertical lines. But I dunno if it's still recommended on passive 4k TVs.

I followed that mod you linked to a T, the game won't show up in 3DFM as an installed game no matter what I do. The shader fixes by ddr0390 are already incorporated into the latest fix in the mod link. Main issue is having 3DFM detect the game as being present at the moment to launch it through the 3DFM.
Porlonus
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Porlonus »

Ah, ok. So .... does the fix itself work, you just want to be able to use 3DFM? Did it ever detect the game?
Did you try adding the full path (see mod description) to 3DFM (Settings\Application S.\Detect installed games - select "search games in specified directories", at best game path 0 or may 1 - and of course "Add" the game path)? Also if you ever did select cache - you need to manually search again.
Feisty_Fernando

Porlonus wrote:Ah, ok. So .... does the fix itself work, you just want to be able to use 3DFM? Did it ever detect the game?
Did you try adding the full path (see mod description) to 3DFM (Settings\Application S.\Detect installed games - select "search games in specified directories", at best game path 0 or may 1 - and of course "Add" the game path)? Also if you ever did select cache - you need to manually search again.

Yes, I added the game's direct path. Also deleted the fix and added the V4 version at the bottom of the post link. I'm currently playing the game so it's there and runs, all patched up to date. In 3DFM I have the search depth up to 7, it still doesn't take long to detect all the games but it just won't detect this one or Bard's Tale 4: Director's Cut which I just finished last week.

Do you mean "Clear DL Cache" ? I cleared it once, and did another search but 3DFM just won't see a few titles I have installed through steam.

Curious - does having the GeForce Experience help with game detection in any way which is useful for 3D Vision or is that nvidia driver optimization only?
Feisty_Fernando

Reinstalled this since steam would not let me move the game install to a new location. 3DFM now detects the game. When running ESO, it stops at the LOGIN and gives a message that it needs to run from Steam.

Argh. Curious if as long as you have 3DFM running, and 3D enabled in the nvidia control panel that you can engage 3DV.
Feisty_Fernando

Maybe they patched the ESO launcher and it broke the fix, when you try running it from 3DFM you get to the ESO log in and receive an error message about launching the game through steam.
schwing
Cross Eyed!

Post by schwing »

Try going to Settings -> Application Settings -> Game Launcher Settings near the bottom and clicking the Steam App ID checkbox.
Win 10 v1909 / 1x Nvidia 980Ti GPU (v452.22, 1080p)

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”