Code Vein

Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Code Vein

Post by Necropants »

This game looks interesting. Did anyone try it in 3D yet?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/678960/CODE_VEIN/
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Code Vein

Post by thebigdogma »

I did. UE4 universal fix has it about 90% fixed in the initial areas ( I am currently 2 hours into the game.) Issues with decals (blood on the floor, etc.) and some spot lighting, but no deal breakers and the game is performing well in S3D (although you need to enable vsync to deal with a hitching issue that is present in the game, whether 2D or 3D.)

A couple of screens attached... just change .txt to .jps ( at least I hope that works... this message system seems to be very particular about what file extensions it will accept.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
maurizioclaudio21
Cross Eyed!

Post by maurizioclaudio21 »

thebigdogma wrote:I did. UE4 universal fix has it about 90% fixed in the initial areas ( I am currently 2 hours into the game.) Issues with decals (blood on the floor, etc.) and some spot lighting, but no deal breakers and the game is performing well in S3D (although you need to enable vsync to deal with a hitching issue that is present in the game, whether 2D or 3D.)

A couple of screens attached... just change .txt to .jps ( at least I hope that works... this message system seems to be very particular about what file extensions it will accept.)

Works thanks for the info
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Yeah I took the plunge and got it. Beautiful game seems like an anime dark souls.
I agree it's about 90 percent there, some particle effects and decals are wrong also character shadows are not quite right in some scenes.

Also needs some depth and hud presets especially when locking on.
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

Necropants wrote:Yeah I took the plunge and got it. Beautiful game seems like an anime dark souls.
I agree it's about 90 percent there, some particle effects and decals are wrong also character shadows are not quite right in some scenes.

Also needs some depth and hud presets especially when locking on.
It also reminds me, as far as the look and design of the world, of the original Darksiders. And, with the help of your AI companion, it seems a bit easier (so far) than Dark Souls and the other games like it. I've never really stuck with any of the "Souls-ish" games as I don't have the patience or time to dedicate to "git gud" as the youngins say... too many great games to enjoy.

But I can see myself sticking with this one.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

I made a quick and nasty Hud fix and disabled the Lock dot. The decals can more or less be fixed pressing the L key a couple of times in the universal fix.
Very little issues remain.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

thebigdogma wrote:I did. UE4 universal fix has it about 90% fixed in the initial areas ( I am currently 2 hours into the game.) Issues with decals (blood on the floor, etc.) and some spot lighting, but no deal breakers and the game is performing well in S3D (although you need to enable vsync to deal with a hitching issue that is present in the game, whether 2D or 3D.)

I think you can rename a JPS to JPG and it will work here inline.

There is also some way to invoke the multi-view viewer that supports 3D anaglyph and SBS and 3D Vision (on IE11), but I'm not sure how that works. Maybe read the stickies or the post about images and let us know what you find out.
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

Should i have a look @ this :-) just let me know and leave some donation for this one ^^ :woot
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

That would be great - I'll contribute.
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

Yep count me in, the combo between anime and souls really sounds great.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

It's honestly almost perfect already, with the universal fix the only thing I adjusted was the HUD and set some defaults on load. Decals can be fixed with the right option which I included here. I am not sure if there's really anything more to do without getting into nitpick territory, maybe the low quality character ground shadows and thats about it. (it's hardly noticeable.) Losti's talents might be served better elsewhere, I sure as hell know of a couple of titles I would donate for ;)

Enemy life bars and the reticle (which I disabled in game anyway and works well enough with the HUD pushed to depth.) Best to turn off the dark soulsesque target marker which you can tell by enemy life bar anyway

Uploaded my fix, if you guys want to try. It's already optimised to what I feel is best settings. Would have moved to fix forum but the discussion is already here...

Place in CODE VEIN\Engine\Binaries\Win64
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

Thanks Necropants!
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

Thanks for the fix!
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

Necropants wrote:It's honestly almost perfect already, with the universal fix the only thing I adjusted was the HUD and set some defaults on load. Decals can be fixed with the right option which I included here. I am not sure if there's really anything more to do without getting into nitpick territory, maybe the low quality character ground shadows and thats about it. (it's hardly noticeable.) Losti's talents might be served better elsewhere, I sure as hell know of a couple of titles I would donate for ;)

Enemy life bars and the reticle (which I disabled in game anyway and works well enough with the HUD pushed to depth.) Best to turn off the dark soulsesque target marker which you can tell by enemy life bar anyway

Uploaded my fix, if you guys want to try. It's already optimised to what I feel is best settings. Would have moved to fix forum but the discussion is already here...

Place in CODE VEIN\Engine\Binaries\Win64
Awesome work there! Thanks for putting in the effort.

Please post this to HelixModBlog, even if you feel it's a WIP. And also, please put the fix file up on AWS.

These inline fixes are OK- but we just lost something like 50 WIP fixes because NVidia decided to blow away the forums. If those fixes had been on AWS we would not have lost them.

Let's not make that mistake here, just use AWS for hosting all these files. Anyone who makes a WIP fix can get access, just PM me.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Thanks Bo3b

Yeah I already have an account for AWS and the blog and have posted a couple of things over the years, in this case I thought someone might step up and do a more robust fix so I wasn't going to post it, as it's just a clean up of the universal fix.

Oh god now I wonder what games I may have where I have lost the fix for, I know DJ-RK had alot of stuff on the boards but I think he's posted the majority of his stuff now...

I'll post it up when I get some free time.
3D4DD
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3D4DD »

@Necropants:
Thank You very much for the fix! I'm using it and have played about 70% of the game (Ashen Cavern). Personally I have added some more shaders. I have disabled the low quality character ground shadows (shaders attached) as it looked better to me.

I have also added the option to make the (very prominent) UI transparent when not fighting or checking the inventory. I have disabled the shaders of (some) purifier masks and frames but sometimes they still pop in. Of course there are no lip animations in cutscenes where the characters originally wear masks. I also have disabled Mia's fur cap :D These shaders are not attached. If there is interest I could collect them and upload it...
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Awesome, yes I considered doing that with the character ground shadows as well. (they are so ugly I'd honestly prefer then disabled anyway) which is why I also hadn't put it on the blog yet.
Personally I would only make those other personal preference disables if you had it as an option on a toggle.
3D4DD
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3D4DD »

I have attached the shaders and modified d3dx.ini for my HUD presets.
G = for fighting, HUD opaque, pushed to a lot of depth to get the health bar and reticle close to the targets
Under [key_Fight] You can change the key ("key = G") and the depth ("x = 0.8") to Your personal taste.
H = for exploration, HUD transparent (the map is still opaque!), HUD pushed to a little bit to depth
Under [key_Exploration] You can change the key ("key = H") the depth ("x = 0.6") and transparence (y = 0.2) to Your personal taste.
J = for menu, inventory, etc., HUD opaque at screen depth
Under [key_Menu] You can change the key ("key = J")

I also included shader that disable a blur effect over the buttons and push the sparkling effect in the menu at correct depth.

Regarding the masks, frames, etc. I would not include the shaders in the "official" fix as I didn't check and disable all the different mask styles and it doesn't work reliably as sometimes masks and frames still pop in. Besides from that there are already mods on Nexus that also allow to hide these masks.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Cool, if you don't already put it up on the Helix blog. At this point you have done a fair bit more than I was going to do with it.
3D4DD
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3D4DD »

As You initiated the fix You should have the honor to post the fix :D
Anyway it should not take too much time until I have completed the game and by this way can attest that the fix works in all areas and is "final".
3D4DD
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3D4DD »

I have completed the game now and tested the fix in all areas with success.
At least on my system and hardware the ambiant occlusion sometimes results in a grid pattern which may be quite irritating on bright surfaces (e.g in the Ridge of Frozen Souls or Provisional Government Center). So I have added a hotkey ("b") to disable AO temporarily.
The game also crashed in 3 situations when a certain combination of effects appeared. This is a common bug not related to 3D and can "fixed" by this way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1xA1NgmXHk

@Necropants: I could make a small post for the fix on Helixmod Blog if desired. The text would look like this:

Code Vein

3D Vision fix based on the UE4-UNIVERSAL-FIX by DHR (donate http://www.paypal.me/dhrdonation) with adjustements by Necropants and 3d4dd.
The (hot)fix still has some minor issues (HUD elements at different depth, some spot lighting on distant surfaces) and disables broken effects like soft shadows of the characters on the ground. But the game is playable in 3D with this fix.

Hotkeys:
HUD presets (for personal preferences edit d3dx.ini):
"g" = for fighting: HUD opaque, pushed to a lot of depth to get the health bar and reticle close to the targets
Under [key_Fight] You can change the key ("key = G") and the depth ("x = 0.8") to Your personal taste.
"h" = for exploration: HUD transparent (the map is still opaque!), HUD pushed to a little bit to depth
Under [key_Exploration] You can change the key ("key = H") the depth ("x = 0.6") and transparence (y = 0.2) to Your personal taste.
"j" = for menu, inventory, etc.: HUD opaque at screen depth
Under [key_Menu] You can change the key ("key = J")

For visual effects:
"o" = toggle higher/lower convergence for cutscenes and gameplay
Under [Key_Low_Convergence] You can change the key ("key = O")
"l" = cycle trough different decals options
Under [Key_Decals_Options] You can change the key ("key = L")
"b" = toggle off/on ambiant occlusion (AO is correct per se but may result in disturbing grid patterns on bright surfaces)
Under [key_AO] You can change the key ("key = B")

Installation:
Extract this zip archive ____ in the folder where CodeVein-Win64-Shipping.exe is located (e.g. CODE VEIN\CodeVein\Binaries\Win64).

Are You OK with this?
3D4DD
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3D4DD »

Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Cool. thanks for doing that too

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”