Blair Witch

Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Blair Witch

Post by Shift-E »

So I tried Blair Witch (UE4 - Developers of Layers of Fear & Observer) with Universal fix, Draugen fix, newest Observer fix, and Assetto Competizone fix - but they all have the same issues. The left and right images do not really match, shadows are off and even some geometry.

It was reported in the old thread that CM works well with Obduction profile with CM unleashed.

I had an issue where I could not make it through the intro videos without crashing. Turns out it was crashing trying to activate HDR with 3D turned on in NCP. Once I turned off 3D I could launch in HDR, so I had to disable HDR in game settings to test 3D out.
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: Blair Witch

Post by Losti »

Shift-E wrote:So I tried Blair Witch (UE4 - Developers of Layers of Fear & Observer) with Universal fix, Draugen fix, newest Observer fix, and Assetto Competizone fix - but they all have the same issues. The left and right images do not really match, shadows are off and even some geometry.

It was reported in the old thread that CM works well with Obduction profile with CM unleashed.

I had an issue where I could not make it through the intro videos without crashing. Turns out it was crashing trying to activate HDR with 3D turned on in NCP. Once I turned off 3D I could launch in HDR, so I had to disable HDR in game settings to test 3D out.

We have to skip the VS-Reflection RegEx and disable some false catched object shaders as well as disable a 2D dOF shader. I am not in the mood to play this game, hence if you need further fixing you need to play and provide savegames or instructions how to reach an area with truely wrong effects. May be there are more shaders to skip or to fix. I have added some HUD-Depth and made the corrections i mentioned for the first scene. Reflections are dependend on the point of view so its sometimes not 100 % ok but likely playable.

https://losti.s3.amazonaws.com/Blairwit ... _Losti.zip

Use ALT key for menu, to have low depth for not breake your eyes here.

No further work here without your help, i need savegames with lokations having truely wrong effects.

Copy archive content to ....\GAMEDIRECTORY\Blairwitch\Binaries\Win64

==> Respect this work! If you want me to continue shaderhacking you should show your appreciation with "some" domation after the relase of this fix! No one would ever work for this hourly compensation that we will geto for our work!!! Just think about it!!! MANY hours of work are behind a 3D fix you may simply download and enjoy without giving something back!
Last edited by Losti on Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Thanks Losti, it looks great.
But the Flashlight looks pixelate
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

Chtiblue wrote:Thanks Losti, it looks great.
But the Flashlight looks pixelate
thanks for taking a look at this game Losti :!: I too am noticing pixelated noise on some reflections from light, which include the flashlight.

At the very beginning of the game when you get out of your truck, go to the first police car (trunk facing towards you). Read letter on trunk, then you can open the trunk and grab the radio (walkie talkie). You need this to leave parking area.

If you look at the white parts of the side of the cars in the sun you will see the pixelated patterns moving around - most noticeable on the pickup truck right next to the police car you got the radio from. Now this didn't seem like an issue worth reporting since I don't expect there are many cars in the game, but then you start seeing it more often.

If you go forward past the cars and start heading down the path into the woods, you should see a very glaring example of it about 20 feet in right on the path in a spot of sunlight. and then another example of it up on the fence area slightly further up.

I have not gotten further into night time, but I suspect this is the same issue Chtiblue is reporting with the flashlight. Hold RB and select flashlight with right stick and point it at some shadowed area and you can see the pixelated pattern in the light hitting the ground. I assume this game takes place mostly at night, so hopefully this can be fixed or disabled? Everything else looks great so far, huge improvement!
VegetaSuperSaiyan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by VegetaSuperSaiyan »

Light shafts are broken in this area. PLease see if you can fix it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Losti

Post by Losti »

No, i will not :-) I am not your personal fixing buddy.

"PLease see if you can fix it!"

Whats up with you? Any Idea how long fixing some effects will take??

The "!" sounds like a demand ....

You havn't payed anything for this fix.

Some of you should learn something....

:woot

Try to cout the real active shader hackers and learn something!!!!!

PS: You Do not have to send me some donation for fixing this effect, ill not fix this game until i will play it!!! THINK ABOUT some things!!!!!!!!!!!
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

I tried hunting the shader causing the flashlight and sunlight issue, but if I disabled the shader it would remove the actual light source also. I noticed the shaders were decal related, so I tried commenting out the decal logic and it fixed the flashlight but I am sure this breaks something else I do not know about, as I am still in the starting area (have not played the game yet).

If anyone further into the game wants to test it out, I made the following changes to the d3dx.ini file:

;default value for decals option
;global persist $decals_option
;post x10 = $decals_option

I am a noob, so this might break some other decals Losti has fixed (use at your own risk :oops: ) - so keep original lines commented out like above, so you can just switch back if it does not work for you. It made it playable for me, I will try and play/test some this weekend when I have more time..
Last edited by Shift-E on Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VegetaSuperSaiyan
Two Eyed Hopeful

But Losti why arent you playing this game its a good game, you should play it and fix it.
I think you fix games cus u enjoy it and not just for money.
Tell me how much you make from donations in a month!
I think I can pay you that and you work full time for me. How's that sound? And dont get offended, you always get offended.
In first post you only said need save games to fix if have any problem so i shared my save game.
You could have written in first post you wont work on it then i wouldnt have shared my savegame.
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

VegetaSuperSaiyan - did you thank Losti for working on this fix, and how much you appreciate all of his effort to-date? Additionally, I feel donations are very appropriate for each and every game played, as an acknowledgement of the superb work provided, much like tipping your waiter at a restaurant for good service. These small donations do NOT begin to compensate this community's shaderhackers for their total labor, but help indicate how much we value their unique talent. We users cannot dictate which games to fix, only suggest...
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Ill adress this thing later on this day. I have fixed those cone lights in The Sinking City. I have just to add the fix in the CS for this game....hopefully.....

THANK YOU for the savegame !

btw:

==> I think you fix games cus u enjoy it and not just for money. ==> YES but at a point i have to decide if the time I waste is worth all this ^^
Yeah not for money, otherwhise ill never do this :-)

Sorry for my harsh answer, i was pissed of some things.

@ Swing: Decals option fix is disabled, i always use a fixed CB for the fix i release so all decals are OK, no switch via L is possible.

I am pissed of my job and my dream is to fully work as a shader hacker ^^ HEHE but thats a dream....especially with 3D dopped support and of couse the free donation "system" :-)
Losti

Post by Losti »

An update for Cone lights and point lights is at the blog:

https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2019/09/b ... -v001.html
VegetaSuperSaiyan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Thank you very much Losti! I appreciate it so much. I will show my appreciation by donating soon. Is it by chance you use neteller or skrill? I'll have to open account in paypal just to donate to you.
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

I played through majority of the game with disabled decals and flashlight is working great. It obviously breaks several other decals, but there's not that many of them and they aren't too much of an eyesore. Small trade-off to having a working flashlight etc.

Also a warning to anyone trying to play with HDR, it is very buggy in this game. Having HDR on will mess up the image at certain triggered scenes in the game making it unplayable. At first I thought it was 3D related, but verified it was indeed HDR causing the issues. I just gave up and played without HDR, looks better in the dark anyway.

Thanks for the fix Losti!!! donation made.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Shift-E wrote:I played through majority of the game with disabled decals and flashlight is working great. It obviously breaks several other decals, but there's not that many of them and they aren't too much of an eyesore. Small trade-off to having a working flashlight etc.

Also a warning to anyone trying to play with HDR, it is very buggy in this game. Having HDR on will mess up the image at certain triggered scenes in the game making it unplayable. At first I thought it was 3D related, but verified it was indeed HDR causing the issues. I just gave up and played without HDR, looks better in the dark anyway.

Thanks for the fix Losti!!! donation made.
Here is a fix for more lights, decals and flash light!

https://losti.s3.amazonaws.com/Blairwit ... _Losti.zip
Last edited by Losti on Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Losti

Post by Losti »

VegetaSuperSaiyan wrote:Thank you very much Losti! I appreciate it so much. I will show my appreciation by donating soon. Is it by chance you use neteller or skrill? I'll have to open account in paypal just to donate to you.
I only have PP:-)

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”