The Ultimate 3D Game Recommendation Thread

Vaeltaja
Two Eyed Hopeful

The Ultimate 3D Game Recommendation Thread

Post by Vaeltaja »

Me and few others are a good example how 3D Vision draws attention of new 3D gamers year after year. I’ve been playing computer and console games since 80s but only about a year ago had the pleasure to find out how deep gaming experience can really be. Yes, that’s when I was introduced to 3D Vision and my dear hobby changed forever. During this past year I have learned a lot and I still keep learning. One of those things is that every new 3D Vision user asks one thing:

Which games look best in 3D?

Well, there is no one simple answer since beauty is always in the eye of beholder but that question has multiple answers – both simple and complex. Now I want to gather those answers in place for all the new 3D Vision users.

Rules are simple: Tell your favorite games to play with 3D Vision for as many genres as possible or at least for your favorite genres – please remember to mention the genre also, for example Divinity: Original Sin (rpg). I will then edit this post so we can have all the recommendations in one place divided in their genres. I try to be as simple as possible with the genres because if we get too specific we’ll have 50 different genres and too much work to keep this list alive. But I’ll mention if game is 1st or 3rd person and maybe if rpg has turn based or real time combat or if adventure game is point and click etc. – at least for the games I’m familiar with. I guess we’ll see in the future how detailed I will get.

You can describe the greatness of your choice as detailed as you want – I bet many are interested to hear why certain games are chosen.

And please be patient. I will try to be as active as I can but occasionally it may take some time to keep this post up to date.

Action:

Borderlands series
Dead Space series (especially 3rd)
Metro series

Adventure:

Alice madness
Alien Isolation
Assassin's Creed series
Batman Arkham´s series
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Grand Theft Auto V (native support)
Mafia II
Remember Me
Tomb raider (newer ones)

Racing/Driving:

Dirt series
Grid series (Grid 2 may have problems in night races)
Trackmania

Platforming:

Trine series (native support)

RPG:

Dragon Age
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Guild Wars
Mass Effect series
The Witcher series

Simulation:

Euro Truck Simulator 2 (dx9 version)

Sports:

Strategy:

King's Bounty The Legend (works with eqzitara's fix for Warriors of the North but has some issues with sky and water)
Last edited by Vaeltaja on Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Isaacvigo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: The Ultimate 3D Game Recommendation Thread

Post by Isaacvigo »

I have enjoyed 3D in many games, but these are the ones that were most taxed in my own memory:

Action.- Borderlands serie, Metro serie , Dead space serie... (even more than CoD series)

Adventure.- Alien isolation, Alice madness, Batman Arkham´s , Mafia II, Tomb raider´s , Witcher´s serie,Remember me, Hellblade´s Senua´s , Gta V ,Assassins Creeds, (this Genere has a lot ones)...

Racing.- Grid´s serie, Nfs serie (in nice CM with nfs13 profile), Dirt´s serie, Trackmania´s...

Rpg.- World of Warcraft, Guild war´s, Skyrim, Dragon Age´s serie , Witcher´s serie, Trine´s, Final fantasy´s, Torchlight´s, a long etc...
Last edited by Isaacvigo on Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

It can be a bit of a challenge to get working in co-op, but my favorite game there was Dead Space 3. Superb fix from Helix, and really spectacular flying through space in 3D on projector.

My favorite game of all time, for now at least, is Remember Me. In 3D, this game comes alive, and the fighting is great. It got a poor rating because all the idiots playing it never bothered to learn how to fight in this game- it was different than Batman, and they were too lazy to learn a new technique.
maurizioclaudio21
Cross Eyed!

Post by maurizioclaudio21 »

Adventure: Alien: Isolation -Deus Ex Human Revolution -Mass Effect Andromeda
Sport: Pro Evolution Soccer
and all the games you have allowed us to enjoy in 3D in these years
Thank you all
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

OMG.... bo3b... I thought I was the only one that thought Remember Me was great!

Such a fantastic setting, story and gameplay that, to this day, is still pretty unique.

Because of it, I had really high hopes for Vampyr... but it didn't quite measure up.
P.C.Zen
Cross Eyed!

Post by P.C.Zen »

I really enjoyed remember me. If the combat was tweaked to be more like the Arkham games it would have been fantastic. Maybe I just wasn't moving around enough but I remember the rhythm of the combat being a little off and having too many people attacking me at once. I loved the fighting upgrade system. It's one I look forward to replaying in 3D.
Isaacvigo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Isaacvigo »

Yea!.. Remember me was a great one, i almost forgot it despites its name OO...
from that one i start following dontnod roundly
Vaeltaja
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Vaeltaja »

Thanks for the recommendations so far. I try to find the time tomorrow to edit the first post and also give some of my own recommendations.

I'm specifically interested in isometric turn-based strategy rpgs at the moment, so if someone knows good game in that genre that works in 3D i'd be glad to hear. I mean besides the obvious Wasteland 2 and Divinity: Original Sin. I've read that Pathfinder: Kingmaker has turn-based mod so that game is tempting.
Vaeltaja
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Vaeltaja »

Finally had the time to update first post. I've been busier than I thought and now I'm feeling slightly sick.

Anyway my own first recommendation is King's Bounty The Legend which I've been playing little bit lately. It works with KB: Warriors of the North fix but there are some issues with water effects and sky is at wrong depth. But since you really don't spend much time looking at the sky or water I recommend it - it really looks gorgeus in 3d with that colorful world design.

I update the list and recommend other games later. :)
Porlonus
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Porlonus »

Some additions (some series have titles without fixes and no profile, those of course excluded):

Action: Far Cry/Fallout Series, Mirror's Edge + Catalyst, Battlefield Series, Bioshock series, Crysis Series, Dark Souls Series, DMC Series
Adventure: Middle-Earth (2014/17), Firewatch, Dreamfall Chapters, Greedfall, Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (CM but still..), State of Mind, Final Fantasy Series, Life Is Strange Series, Alan Wake, Dragon Age Series
Horror: THE EVIL WITHIN (+2), Among the Sleep, Fear 2, The Sinking City,
Puzzle: Portal 2, Kings Quest (2016)
Racing: NSF Shift Series
Strategy: Jurassic World, some Anno titles (dunno which)

.... I'll think about it ... sure some Horror and Stategy games, I can't remember right now.
Porlonus
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Porlonus »

Notes: I did take a look at https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2013/10/g ... dated.html and though about what might be interesting I do know of. Therefore the links behind. On Genre - it's sometimes hard but i'd search (not google but searchengine) for the game and it's listed genre's, picking the most --- either matching or genre in need to be picked. On series I'd pick the link to last one.
It was just a quick look through on things I did note to mention, I may have missed something, don't take a fence but leave a notice here for others on that game.

Action: Hitman Series, Prince of Persia Series, Prototype (1+2) either mostly laggy, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Series, Wolfenstein Series,
Adventure/RPG: Lord of the Rings:Online,
Horror: Observer_, Outlast 2 (+1), Inside, Layers of Fear - +2, Prey (forget 2017), The Park, We Happy Few,
Jump & Run: PSYCHONAUTS (when will #2 be rdy?),
Puzzle: Sherlock Holmes Series,
Survival: Ark: Survival Evolved, Bendy and the Ink Machine,
Others/General: Lego Series (way too much), Quantum Break, The Walking Dead Seasons,

Well, I did play Cuphead, but basically because I could easily learn on it.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”