Any update on next release of Vireio 4.0?

This forum is for the brand new Vireio Perception virtual reality drivers. History in the making!
Indyjones
One Eyed Hopeful

Any update on next release of Vireio 4.0?

Post by Indyjones »

Is this project still being updated? Last I read, there was talk about releasing 4.0 "soon", but that was months ago. Would really like to try an updated version of 4.0. Thanks to the developers for all the hard work they have put into this project, I really hope they continue after all the effort! 8-)
StuDentBR
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Any update on next release of Vireio 4.0?

Post by StuDentBR »

I also would like to know It, and also about aquilinus It is a Tool to create profiles to use with vireio right ?

Please don't stop supporting standard 3d TVs/monitors, in formats as side by side and over under and so on... As we are being forgotten day after day by other softwares...
Jackofblaze
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Jackofblaze »

I'd really like some info on this as well. Currently, because I use a Vive, I have a very limited selection of games I could even try with Vireio due to the lack of directx 9 support in v4 beta 3, and 3.0 not supporting the Vive. I could try version 2, but that lacks head tracking, so to me it's not really worth it. I'd really love to be able to use this program, but for me it's currently too limited by lack of directx 9 support.
Indyjones
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Indyjones »

It would just be nice to know if the project is still being developed. Yes or no. If no, time to move on to an alternative. If yes, then at least we have something to look forward to.
StuDentBR
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by StuDentBR »

Well it seems that's still being developed yes, as the last commit on github was some days ago:

"Latest commit bf75d4f 6 days ago @EisernSchild EisernSchild [OVR] Update SDK 1.20 II"

https://github.com/cybereality/Perception

i have downloaded the vireio 4.0 but could not find d3d11.dll on the package, and i saw this video that shows working on a dx11 game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDtYwdL7wY8

did this ever got launched ?

and i see that is a 4.0 version working on SBS, which was removed after the alpha release ?

Please keep supporting SBS (and over-under as well the other formats supported vireio 3.0) at least since it can make it work with many devices old and new ;)
EisernSchild
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer

Post by EisernSchild »

Hi Guys !

I'm very sorry for the late answer here. Yes, Vireio 4 development still in progress and the driver is almost finished.

Was badly caught in christmas rush back in late 2017 due to my actual job. Now i was able to continue, currently creating game profiles. Beside that i had to replace a broken base station of my Vive system, that is now done and i have all necessary hardware (Vive, Oculus, OSVR) to finish all up.

Still hope to release Q1 2018, then we soon will release the additional tool Aquilinus to let you all create game profiles on your own.

Regards, Denis
Indyjones
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Indyjones »

Fantastic news! Please keep us updated on your progress. Cheers

PS: Any chance you're working on Bioshock profiles? That would be awesome :) And Far Cry 3 would be nice too...and lots of other games. I guess Aquilinus will enable us to create our own profiles then.
StuDentBR
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by StuDentBR »

EisernSchild wrote:Hi Guys !

I'm very sorry for the late answer here. Yes, Vireio 4 development still in progress and the driver is almost finished.

Was badly caught in christmas rush back in late 2017 due to my actual job. Now i was able to continue, currently creating game profiles. Beside that i had to replace a broken base station of my Vive system, that is now done and i have all necessary hardware (Vive, Oculus, OSVR) to finish all up.

Still hope to release Q1 2018, then we soon will release the additional tool Aquilinus to let you all create game profiles on your own.

Regards, Denis
Please keep a SBS output, and if possible a TaB
Don't let us standard 3DTV users out of support ;)

Return to “Vireio Perception 4.X”