Full (yeah, well) Wiimote Support in FreePIE

Official forum for open source FreePIE discussion and development.
Jabberwock
Cross Eyed!

Re: Full (yeah, well) Wiimote Support in FreePIE

Post by Jabberwock »

I have tried Dolphimote.Test.exe with the Balance Board and it does not seem to work...
zelmon64
Cross Eyed!

Post by zelmon64 »

Jabberwock wrote:I have tried Dolphimote.Test.exe with the Balance Board and it does not seem to work...
That is because it doesn't have Balance Board support. Here's one that does but it's not finished.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jabberwock
Cross Eyed!

Post by Jabberwock »

Oh, sorry, I thought BB works as the Extension. What you have posted now does work, i.e. shows changing numbers when the board gets pressed.
uneasy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by uneasy »

zelmon64 wrote: I've made some headway with DolphiiMote and wondered if you might be willing to try it out? I only have a nunchuck so it would be good if the other extensions could be tested if you have any.
Unfortunately I do not have any extensions, just two wiimotes with M+. But I will check how this new dll works with them.
zelmon64
Cross Eyed!

Post by zelmon64 »

Jabberwock wrote:Oh, sorry, I thought BB works as the Extension. What you have posted now does work, i.e. shows changing numbers when the board gets pressed.
No worries :) .

Since you are very interested in the balance board would you like to give your opinion on what the syntax structure should be like
on the GitHub PR? I've attached a FreePIE prerelease with balance board support so you can try the current syntax.
uneasy wrote:Unfortunately I do not have any extensions, just two wiimotes with M+. But I will check how this new dll works with them.
Thanks. All testing is appreciated :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jabberwock
Cross Eyed!

Post by Jabberwock »

It works! IT WORKS! Now I can take on the waves and the slopes! And two things missing from my dream setup will come to me in the same week (as my Razer Hydra is on its way)!

As for the syntax, both options are logical, but it seems so far FreePIE uses the structure: hardware.subhardware.property (e.g. wiimote[0].nunchuck.acceleration), so I guess first the sensors, then the properties.
zelmon64
Cross Eyed!

Post by zelmon64 »

Here's a finalised test build. It includes balance board, passthrough mode, recent files and tray icon.

Left or right click the tray icon to show the menu. Double left click to show FreePIE and middle click to run/stop the script.

The sample scripts give examples on how to interact with the tray notifications, enable the motion plus passthrough mode and how to use the balance board.

Any and all feedback is appreciated.
Jabberwock
Cross Eyed!

Post by Jabberwock »

For some reason FreePIE now requires admin privileges. Is a matter of just copying the files instead of installing them properly?
zelmon64
Cross Eyed!

Post by zelmon64 »

Jabberwock wrote:For some reason FreePIE now requires admin privileges. Is a matter of just copying the files instead of installing them properly?
You should be able to unpack this build anywhere and run it in portable mode. This way it won't effect your main install.
Jabberwock
Cross Eyed!

Post by Jabberwock »

I did that and that is probably why it does not run without admin privileges.

I like it very much that I do not have to pair the board each I want to use it (as I had to with other software). What puzzles me is that it does not turn off on its own, even if FreePIE is closed.

Getting separate sensor values is great for diagonals! Now I can have two more, quite intuitive inputs (Wii Balance Walker did that as well, but it did not work that great without adjusting for weight).

All in all, this is great stuff, I am going to play with it a lot more.
FatCharlie
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by FatCharlie »

Back in 2014 I bought the newest Wii Remote Plus (RVL-CNT-01-TR) and wanted it to use with my pc. The only way I got this properly to work, was with the use of FreePie. With the help of this forum, I was able to get it working. I tested it with Dead Space 2.

The only problem I had, was the lack of an autocenter function, when pointing the WiiMote back at the center of the screen. I don't know if it is still possible or could be solved in the last past 3 years.

Feel free to use, share or modify my script.
rrsgg
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by rrsgg »

Do you know if wiimote IR works in FreePIE with the new version of dophiimote?
Santi
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Santi »

Hello, for some reason, i can't make my wiimotes work. there's an error with "WiimoteLIB", where it says it doesn't load. every script does this i don't know why. the Dolphiimote.test.exe works, but it doesn't work in freepie...
Narbis
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Narbis »

I'm trying to write a script that maps button presses from a Wii Guitar Hero controller to keyboard presses, but every time I run a script that uses Wiimotes the program crashes. I checked FreePIE.log and it says that an IOException is occurring because dolphiimote.log is being used by another process (which, to my knowledge, is not true). Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I'm using version v1.10.666.0 of FreePIE on Windows 10 and the Wiimote is a RVL-CNT-01 with a Guitar Hero World Tour guitar. Also I replaced Dolphiimote.dll to fix the problem from this thread: https://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic. ... 39&t=22537.

Here's the script:

Code: Select all

def map_guitar_to_key(guitar_index, guitar_button, key):
    if wiimote[guitar_index].guitar.buttons.button_down(guitar_button):
        keyboard.setKeyDown(key)
    else:
        keyboard.setKeyUp(key)

def update():
    #Frets
    map_guitar_to_key(0, GuitarButtons.Green, Key.Q)
    map_guitar_to_key(0, GuitarButtons.Red, Key.W)
    map_guitar_to_key(0, GuitarButtons.Yellow, Key.E)
    map_guitar_to_key(0, GuitarButtons.Blue, Key.R)
    map_guitar_to_key(0, GuitarButtons.Orange, Key.T)
    #Strums
    map_guitar_to_key(0, GuitarButtons.StrumUp, Key.Y)
    map_guitar_to_key(0, GuitarButtons.StrumDown, Key.U)
    #Start
    map_guitar_to_key(0, GuitarButtons.Plus, Key.I)
    #Star Power
    map_guitar_to_key(0, GuitarButtons.Minus, Key.O)

if starting:
    wiimote[0].guitar.update += update

Return to “FreePIE”