VRBoost Scanner Won't Start

This forum is for the brand new Vireio Perception virtual reality drivers. History in the making!
ReFlex
One Eyed Hopeful

VRBoost Scanner Won't Start

Post by ReFlex »

Hello, everyone!

I've got a problem with VRBoost. Generally Perception (I use 4.0 alpha 2) works really well, and I'm just learning how to get it's best. And, of course, nothing goes without problems. I can't get VRBoost to work. Unfortunately, I haven't got numpad section on the keyboard, so I assigned my own hotkey and tried to run the scanner. What I got is actually nothing, just like if I didn't press anything. I also tried to use a virtual keyboard, and no result as well. However, Ctrl+Q combination always works, even with a virtual keyboard. I tried to downgrade to Perception 3 Stable, but the result is still the same.

Headtracking doesn't work properly too, and I guess it's also because of not working VRBoost, according to what I read from Vireio forums. I could not get Perception read FreeTrack data, so I wrote a simple script with FreePIE to translate tracking data via Shared Memory Tracker. Now it works, but only with mouse emulation forced. It would be great if I could use Roll axis data as well. But tracking is another problem I'd like to solve. First of all I need to deal with VRBoost.

The game I try to setup is Portal 2.

If anyone knows how to solve these problems, I really need your help.
EisernSchild
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: VRBoost Scanner Won't Start

Post by EisernSchild »

Hi ReFlex !

Vireio Perception v4 alpha 2 currently only supports one game, that is Fallout 4. It also does not support the VRBoost scanner yet, we will overwork the scanner after the eventual driver release.

Sorry, but we still work on core issues like DX9 support (Portal 2 is DX9) for the new architecture, there will maybe be another alpha version before the eventual driver release.

Kind Regards, Denis
ReFlex
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: VRBoost Scanner Won't Start

Post by ReFlex »

Hello, Denis!

Thank you for your reply.

OK, I see. I read that you've implemented DX11 support and now work on DX9. That's great, because there are more and more games coming out with only DX11 support. I'll look forward for next stable releases. I also thought about participation in Vireio project. Open source is a huge power! :D However, I'm not sure if I'll have enough time for that.

I also read that Perception 3 and earlier versions are not supported anymore, which this is quite sad. In the official manual Portal 2 is rated as "Great", and this is very strange that I can not get it working properly with Vireo drivers. I'll try to experiment with Vireio Perception 3 to see if I can do anything with it.

I will still be waiting for any ideas about how the problem with VRBoost can be solved.

Best regards, Philip.

Return to “Vireio Perception 4.X”