DIY OR screen not detected SUDDENLY?¿?¿?

Tutorials on how to create your own rigs, pics, movies, and everything that has to do with S-3D at home!
watermanpc
One Eyed Hopeful

DIY OR screen not detected SUDDENLY?¿?¿?

Post by watermanpc »

Hi mates, I have a serious problem with my DIY OR...it has been working fine in my laptop for several weeks but yesterday, after I received my DVI to HDMI adapter I connected it to my desktop system (gtx 970 MSI) throught the DVI out and the adapter...well It was inmediately recognized as a OR screen and I tested a demo for 5 minutes or so...then I decided to change anoption in the resolution menu (i dont remember what I changed as it was something without importance like split screen or extend screens or something like that) and SUDDENLY, the OR screen went black, the image reseted in my monitor and...my OR screen has NEVER been recognized again!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: ...

I have tried 10000 times even in my laptop and NOTHING...the screen turns on when I connect it to the current but it never gets signal. I have tested ALL USBs, reseted everything in resolution options, nv panel, reinstalled drivers, etc. NOTHING seems to work...I CANT BELIEVE IT!!...all connections are fine, also weldings, everything is OK as it was working perfectly fine until I changed that damn option!!...how is that possible mates?? any ideas about that??
will1384
Cross Eyed!

Re: DIY OR screen not detected SUDDENLY?¿?¿?

Post by will1384 »

watermanpc wrote:Hi mates, I have a serious problem with my DIY OR...it has been working fine in my laptop for several weeks but yesterday, after I received my DVI to HDMI adapter I connected it to my desktop system (gtx 970 MSI) throught the DVI out and the adapter...well It was inmediately recognized as a OR screen and I tested a demo for 5 minutes or so...then I decided to change anoption in the resolution menu (i dont remember what I changed as it was something without importance like split screen or extend screens or something like that) and SUDDENLY, the OR screen went black, the image reseted in my monitor and...my OR screen has NEVER been recognized again!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: ...

I have tried 10000 times even in my laptop and NOTHING...the screen turns on when I connect it to the current but it never gets signal. I have tested ALL USBs, reseted everything in resolution options, nv panel, reinstalled drivers, etc. NOTHING seems to work...I CANT BELIEVE IT!!...all connections are fine, also weldings, everything is OK as it was working perfectly fine until I changed that damn option!!...how is that possible mates?? any ideas about that??
Do you have the Oculus Runtime or SDK installed, is it the new-er v0.6, if so that’s your problem, stick with the older Runtime or SDK.
deggial
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: DIY OR screen not detected SUDDENLY?¿?¿?

Post by deggial »

Might be a late answer but it happened to me recently, a few times. There is nothing wrong with the display or driver, it's about the software driver. Just locate the device in "device manager/monitors" and uninstall it, then refresh device manager (scan for new hardware) and it should light properly.

Return to “Do it Yourself!”