Hi All :) 3d Vision help needed

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
CasetheCorvetteMan
One Eyed Hopeful

Hi All :) 3d Vision help needed

Post by CasetheCorvetteMan »

Hi all, ive been looking over this forum for a few weeks and reckon this has the smartest people in 3D ive seen anywhere,

I had my NVidia 3DVision working via RGB for quite a long time, but since I upgraded to the 760GTX I had to update the drivers, and it has never worked since.

My setup includes the following:

Barco Cine 9 CRT projector
MOOME internal HDMI card with VESA sync output ( this device supports frame sequential 3D )
X79 chipset in the PC with 32gigs of DDR3
Bluray player fitted
Power DVD 13 ULTRA

I used to watch 3D movies on Power DVD 13 ULTRA using AnyDVDHD to allow it to pass the signal via the analog output.

The issue I have is that since the driver update I cant get Generic CRT to work at all, but that is no big deal if I could get the MOOME to work via HDMI.

The MOOME card has a VESA sync output on it which I connect to the NVidia emitter, but there is no way to really make it all work because the MOOME card is not on the supported list for 3DVision.

It does operate with 3DTV Play, but again, the NVidia emitter does nothing for that. If there was some way to force the emitter to work with this I could actually use it, but I also prefer to have control over resolutions and refresh rates.

What I would like to do is somehow make the PC think the MOOME input on my CRT projector is infact a supported display that will allow me to use the VESA sync connected to the emitter. Then I should be able to use it all again.

I have tried the 3D Fury and their own glasses, but they are total junk compared to the NVidia ones I already own 3 pair of, so I sent them back ( they also don't live up to the specs they claim, so none of us CRT projector users were ever able to get them working properly )

I did keep the 3D Fury, on the off chance I could use that and connect the VESA to the NVidia emitter, but it doesn't work, emitter wont turn on. I think it also comes up as a 3DTV Play display anyway.

Is there any way I can make this all operate by forcing the emitter to work with that VESA sync signal from my projector and making the drivers think that MOOME input card is infact a supported 3D Vision device? It will go as high as 120Hz at 720p and 75Hz on 1080p, I used to use 72Hz before and had no problem with flicker, it was quite nice to watch and the 3D depth was awesome.

Would love to have the 3D working again!! Thanks in advance :shutter
CasetheCorvetteMan
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Hi All :) 3d Vision help needed

I also have a DrHDMI device here too if that may be of some use to cover the EDID, but being a PC id expect I should be able to force it another way, I just don't know how :)
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

So it does work with 3DTV Play? Why not just use that?
CasetheCorvetteMan
One Eyed Hopeful

Yep, but 3DTV Play does not let me use my nvidia glasses, and there is only 2 resolutions, both of which are a bit useless on a CRT. 1280x720 @ 60 Hz is usable, 72Hz would be nicer, but 1920x1080p @ 24Hz is not watchable on a CRT.

Im not going to buy different glasses, there are none dedicated to the MOOME card for CRTs, that leaves a pretty ordinary bunch of generics, and i quite like the nvidias.

If i could use 3DTV Play and use the nvidia emitter and glasses i possibly would, but how?

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”