A little Help please... I was Gifted a Scenicview P20-1 3D

120Hz or Polarized, this is the place to share your findings on what's out there!
Claw22000
One Eyed Hopeful

A little Help please... I was Gifted a Scenicview P20-1 3D

Post by Claw22000 »

I was gifted a Scenicview P20-1 3D display made by Fujitsu Siemens. I have no idea how to use this. Almost all sites are in German and what little I can get in English only shows specs.

From what I have gathered it appears that this is some sort of glasses less 3D. The when just plugged in to the computer looks strange. Kind of like looking through the screen on a window.

I have spent quite a bit of time Googling and have no idea what to look for. The type of technology isn't listed on any of the specs. I also can't seem to find a driver that works with windows past XP.

I am really hoping some one has some experience with this and can direct me in the right directions to make this thing work.

Thanks in advance

DrClaw
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: A little Help please... I was Gifted a Scenicview P20-1

Post by cybereality »

If it's a parallax barrier type display, you may be able to use the DDD TriDef Ignition driver in vertical interleaved mode. If it's a passive parallax barrier, then I'm pretty sure this will work. Since you say the display looks like a screen door, then this is possible. However, there are also active parallax barriers, that can be enabled or disabled by software (this is how the Nintendo 3DS works). I've never actually tried any myself but there were some older monitors that may have worked like this. If that is the case, it may be a little harder to get working. There are also multi-view auto-stereo displays, which are similar to parallax barriers, except with more angles than 2. This would also be a problem. However, I'd try with TriDef software first and see how that goes.
Claw22000
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Claw22000 »

Thanks for the Quick Response. I will give it a go and post my findings to help others that might come across this piece of equipment.

DrClaw
Claw22000
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Claw22000 »

No go I tried all the modes just to see if any would trigger some event. Its that strangest looking picture I have seen on a monitor. The German manual says something about 8 layers if this helps at all.

Thanks for your help let me know if you figure out anything else. I will also keep looking.

DrClaw

Return to “3D Monitors”