need help writing mouse x&y axis to FP/vjoy code

Official forum for open source FreePIE discussion and development.
silver237
One Eyed Hopeful

need help writing mouse x&y axis to FP/vjoy code

Post by silver237 »

I needed someone to write a free PIE code to transpose the mouse X & Y axis movement to the vjoy X&Y analog axis.

I will need the following functions added:

-Separate adjustable mouse sensitivity for both axis

-adjustable deadzone

-autocentering once the mouse stops moving

(I'm running win7)
I do not need the mouse buttons...only mouse movement coded. If this work takes some time...I am willing to pay for services if need be.

Thanks in advance,
Chris
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Re: need help writing mouse x&y axis to FP/vjoy code

Post by CyberVillain »

We only have delta mouse movement so you need to convert this to aboslute cordinates. Then you need to have some logic that detects that the mouse stoped movign for a ceratin period for example doing filters.stopWatch(mouse.deltaX == 0 and mouse.deltaX == 0, 500)
silver237
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by silver237 »

thanks for the response, but i have NO idea how to code.... also I dont know what Delta mouse movement means exactly. I'm assuming your response is refering to the autocentering part of what i needed, since all the other functions I've listed are seen working in other codes.

Is this something you would be able to code/write for me? ...or know who could?

...like I said, I CAN pay for services, I have NO problem w that. Im sure what your talking about would take time.
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

Heres a start

Code: Select all

if starting:
	x = 0
	y = 0
	ratioX = 100
	ratioY = 100
	recenterTimeout = 500

x = x + mouse.deltaX * ratioX
y = y + mouse.deltaY * ratioY

vJoy[0].x = x
vJoy[0].y = y

if filters.stopWatch(mouse.deltaX == 0 and mouse.deltaX == 0, recenterTimeout):
	x = 0
	y = 0
silver237
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by silver237 »

!! I dont have words for this... you made my weekend !! Thank you!!

Now I did try changing the values of the ratio & recenterTimeout...that works well....but, does changing the x = 0 or y = 0 do anything? I tried, but nothing seems to be diffrerent, no matter how slow/fast i move the mouse.

Would you also be able to add an adjustable deadzone line in this code?
IsmaelLighty
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by IsmaelLighty »

Seeking help from professionals is really important, especially when things get tough. For example for me, nursing essay writing became essential because anything related to writing is an incredibly difficult task for me. Their support has been invaluable, making my studies more manageable and less stressful. I'm so grateful for their help, and I highly recommend their services to anyone struggling with writing tasks.
David3Lynn
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by David3Lynn »

IsmaelLighty wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 3:17 pm Seeking help from professionals is really important, especially when things get tough. For example for me, nursing essay writing became essential because anything related to writing is an incredibly difficult task for me. Their support has been invaluable, making my studies more manageable and less stressful. I'm so grateful for their help, and I highly recommend their services to anyone struggling with writing tasks.
Thanks for advice

Return to “FreePIE”