Camera Malfunction On Skyrim ? HELP!!!

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
Natas_Blackmane
One Eyed Hopeful

Camera Malfunction On Skyrim ? HELP!!!

Post by Natas_Blackmane »

Hi all so I have been trying to get my skyrim to work for well over 4 hours now and i have tried every thing. At first when I loaded up the game and hit Ctrl + R to calibrate the camera I would get Camera Malfunction and it would tell me to hold my head still and wait but it never worked. So I went to look up what was wrong I found lots of info but nothing to fix it. After downgrading to Vireio 2.1.0 I got head tracking working (After some fiddling) but the red Camera Malfunction text would not go away. On top of that I tried to remove the shadows by editing the Skyrimprefs.ini but in game the shadows wont go away. Its really driving me mad haha any one know what i can do to fix this haha ? thanks.
DrBeef
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: Camera Malfunction On Skyrim ? HELP!!!

Post by DrBeef »

The camera malfunction warning is simply in response to what is being returned by the OVR SDK.. unfortunately if the oculus runtime thinks there;s a problem with the tracking camera, or is at least returning an error to say there is (even if there isn't), then there isn't anything that can be done as it's not in the Vireio code that the problem is.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I'd try switching the USB ports for the camera/headset, using new USB cables, attaching the sync cable direct from the camera to the headset (under the rubber flap), and getting a powered USB 2.0 hub.
SamadhiSL
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by SamadhiSL »

DrBeef wrote:The camera malfunction warning is simply in response to what is being returned by the OVR SDK.. unfortunately if the oculus runtime thinks there;s a problem with the tracking camera, or is at least returning an error to say there is (even if there isn't), then there isn't anything that can be done as it's not in the Vireio code that the problem is.
Is there any option or hotkey to disable or toggle off the message?
It is a little discouraging to see it floating in the center of the screen while the tracking is functioning fine.
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

You could try going into the BRASSA menu (ctrl+q) and down to the positional tracking submenu and turning off pos tracking in there. If that doesn't get rid of it then I'll fix it so that it isn't shown when positional is not enabled.
alphonse
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by alphonse »

I'm getting the same camera malfunction error but switching off the positional tracking doesn't make it go away. Headtracking is working in all directions so the message must be spurious. All other Ctrl-Q menu items seem to be working.

Is it possible to add a hotkey to just make the message go away please Dr Beef? Everything seems to be working fine.

I hope you can help and many thanks.

Return to “Development / General Discussion”