Battlefield 3

Case by case Vireio Perception game support discussion. One thread per game!
scorpionking674
One Eyed Hopeful

Battlefield 3

Post by scorpionking674 »

I OWN DK2, SO I DON'T KNOW IF IT WILL BE THE SAME PROCEDURE FOR DK1.

Headtracking doesnt work, neither mouse emulation as I'm unable to access or open VIREIO In-game settings in CLONED(duplicated display) mode.

Using latest 2.1.0 RC1 i got battlefield working.

My battlefield 3 settings are like this:

Raw mouse input - Off
Vsync - On

- Rift mode set to EXTENDED
- Setup Desktop Display mode to DUPLICATE (Right click on desktop, select screen resolution, click on DK2 screen, and set to DUPLICATE).
- No need to copy Vireio DLL files into battlefield folder.

Before you try it, my display was extended, RIFT being my primary display. After that, i duplicate screen 1 on screen 2 (rift screen). Run VIREIO always as administrator. (set as primary monitor on vireio window).

* Try running it, i cannot seem to access Vireio setting in game, but i get a 3d view. Head tracking doesn't work as I'm unable to access the vireio setting in DUPLICATE DISPLAY mode. (tried running battlefield 3 in extended mode (on the desktop display settings), but 3d doesnt work.

* If anyone can tell me how to change battlefield FOV more than 90 would be appreciated, as 90 FOV is way too close for RIFT usage.

* I dont use NVIDIA control panel for managing my displays.

* Battlefield Shortcut settings are like this - Compatiblity < Disable Display scaling on high DPI (TICKED)

* I always run games through my desktop shortcuts.

(I've mentioned almost every settings i have setup perfectly, you may try doing it my way if it doesnt work for you.)

Don't try to change settings of Battlefield after the 3d works for you, because if you change any of the display setting i guess, the 3d will turn into normal screen (no 3d, no SBS view).

My system:

ASUS G55VW, I7 3610QM, NVIDIA GTX 660M 2GB.

USEFUL TIP: If you are unable to see map or hud, just press "L-CTRL + Middle Mouse Button (PRESS THE SCROLL WHEEL)", this will enable disconnected screen view and you will be freely able to move around the screen, you can also lean forward and backwards to zoom in and out of the screen. After Enabling Disconneted Screen if the screen gets too small for you, you can Hold L-CTRL and use the mouse scroll to adjust the screen size. THUMBS UP IF YOU LIKED THIS TIP. In some games, adjusting screen size while holding CTRL key and scrolling wont work, Press L-SHIFT + Q, go in OVERALL settings and adjust DISTORTION SCALE.

PLEASE POST A REPLY IF THIS WORKS FOR YOU :woot
ghettocat2007
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Battlefield 3

Post by ghettocat2007 »

Ok so I have done a bit of investigation on this and there is an alpha program that enables dx9 for single player only!!. also FOV can be changed with a HEX editor program I used Frhed

go to USER NAME, documents, battlefield 3, settings, and open PROF_SAVE_profile.

Open with HEX editor search with control f then type "fieldofview" without quotes

you can change to 120 then save and close.

then right click the file , properties and set to read only as any changes in game mean it sets to limit of 90 again (this will mean that it can't be changed so sort your in game settings prior)

what engine did you choose ? in the profile .xml? eg 100 (source)

Return to “Game Support”