The Launch

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
Doom Lord
One Eyed Hopeful

The Launch

Post by Doom Lord »

Hi,

Hows the visor comming along and any idea when it will be launched?

Thanks.
VRgamesterz
Cross Eyed!

Post by VRgamesterz »

Ethan , you really need to keep everyone in the loop as to how long, like I've emailed you before, I have things that need to get bought and im really relying on you guys to come through, this is the only reason I've put off buying the Vr920's.
Give us some sort of window, oct? Nov? Dec? next year, next week.

Ku
genetic
Cross Eyed!

Post by genetic »

I put in an order for the prototype HD visor and they never got back to me. :(
TeraBit
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by TeraBit »

I have to admit to being a little concerned about the slow trickle of information from TDVision. August has slipped to September which is rapidly slipping to October, but we really have no clue as to what is really going on. I like the look and specs of the products (the recent 800x600 review helped a lot), but what's going on? What happened to the pictures that were going to be posted 'Toward the end of the week' a couple of weeks back?

From the news that pops up every now and then, TDVision seem to be going everywhere, talking to everyone except us. :?
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

If these goggles cant interpolate to a higher res than 800x600 they should be reasonably priced -$400 or you are better off with a vr920 imho.
Doom Lord
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Doom Lord »

I have decided that I have three options that are in my price range:

Vr 920
HeadPlay
TD Vision HD

Now I really want the TD Vision HD becuase if the resolution. The vr920 is to low res, however the HeadPlay at 800 x 600 is starting to look attractive. I guess I am looking for some sort of timeframe so that I stop this little voice in my head saying "Buy the Headplay, but the headplay" :lol:
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

I'd be happy about info when the SD version will start mass production and at which price and so on...

I think there are a lot of people who would apreciate any of your visits :)
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
TeraBit
Two Eyed Hopeful

October

Post by TeraBit »

So August has slipped on September and fallen headlong into October.... :o

Are we expecting to get any new information or should we all give up on it and look elsewhere? Seriously, I'm not trying to be contentious here, and I am as enthusiastic as the next guy about getting a decent HMD, but unfulfilled promises coupled with unexplained lengthy delays and an almost total lack communication doesn't inspire confidence.

Even the odd post here and there to say "We're getting there", or "We've started sorting out the website", or "The new Plastics are now sorted", would be nice... 30 seconds... Once a week.. a Month even..

Honestly, are we expecting too much? Am I being unreasonable in my expectations of a company from which I expect to purchase, from half way around the world, an expensive cutting edge product?

Consumer confidence is already a bit low, considering the economic situation at the moment. Its worthwhile investing in generating some confidence and enthusiasm!
Okta

Post by Okta »

On the pre-order form the tdvisor is listed at $1000 and the HD is $1500. Bit pricey for me,,,
da_giz
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by da_giz »

That was the price for the prototypes.
In mass production the price will drop significantly.

And that is what they are all talking about here, asking when to expect the launch since it was promised for august...

IZ3D 22", Geforce 280 GTX / Intel e8400 / 4GB RAM
Logitech: G7, K15, Extreme 3D Pro
Win Vista 64bit
Doom Lord
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: October

Post by Doom Lord »

TeraBit wrote:So August has slipped on September and fallen headlong into October.... :o

Are we expecting to get any new information or should we all give up on it and look elsewhere? Seriously, I'm not trying to be contentious here, and I am as enthusiastic as the next guy about getting a decent HMD, but unfulfilled promises coupled with unexplained lengthy delays and an almost total lack communication doesn't inspire confidence.

Even the odd post here and there to say "We're getting there", or "We've started sorting out the website", or "The new Plastics are now sorted", would be nice... 30 seconds... Once a week.. a Month even..

Honestly, are we expecting too much? Am I being unreasonable in my expectations of a company from which I expect to purchase, from half way around the world, an expensive cutting edge product?

Consumer confidence is already a bit low, considering the economic situation at the moment. Its worthwhile investing in generating some confidence and enthusiasm!
Yes I agree, I am genuinely excited about this, however it's all gone a bit "NVidia" on the update front.

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”