Wiimote Tilt, Shake, and Swing Help.

Official forum for open source FreePIE discussion and development.
Rom89
One Eyed Hopeful

Wiimote Tilt, Shake, and Swing Help.

Post by Rom89 »

Hello.

I can't seem to be be able to script my wiimote and nunchuck's motion capabilities. I've done everything else. I've looked through the scripting tutorials but it eludes me. Isn't just not possible as of now or did I overlook something? I'm using Dolphin emulator. The reason I don't just connect the wiimote to dolphin is because the IR sensor is required in games. I need to be able to Tilt, Shake, and swing the wiimote. Excuse me for my lack of knowledge on the subject but i'm new to this. :?
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Wiimote Tilt, Shake, and Swing Help.

Post by CyberVillain »

How will you send the data from FreePIE to dolphin when you have altered it? Anyway, we do not support gestures, so you have to use the sensors to detect this yourself
konstantin_lozev
Cross Eyed!

Re: Wiimote Tilt, Shake, and Swing Help.

Post by konstantin_lozev »

I'd really suggest you buy a wireless or wired IR bar, or make one yourself, or put 2 candles instead. it's baasically impossible to have 100% driftless yaw without the IR bar.
If you want to have gesture recognition, you can try GlovePIE, it has a pretty well explained documentation in one file that comes with the programme.
Depending on the complexity of the gestures though, it may be as simple as checking if the acceleration on one of the axes is above a certain threshold. Don't ask about more detailed gestures, I have only guesses how this works.

Return to “FreePIE”