2Q EARNINGS: Facebook, Oculus VR, and the Next Generation of Computing Platforms

Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
metalqueen
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

2Q EARNINGS: Facebook, Oculus VR, and the Next Generation of Computing Platforms

Post by metalqueen »

By David Cohen 

Facebook’s acquisition of immersive virtual reality technology company Oculus VR officially closed earlier this week, and Co-Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg took some time during the social network’s second-quarter earnings call Wednesday to discuss how the combination of the two companies could impact the future of computing.

Responding to a question from Colin Sebastian Analyst Robert Baird, Zuckerberg said:

I can talk about Oculus. So we’re really excited about this the acquisition that just closed earlier this week and we’re really excited to welcome that team. They’re extremely talented, and they’ve pulled off something that people have been talking about for a really long time, and now it’s possible, given the technology that this team has developed. And this hits on a different part of our strategy, which — the way that I organize my remarks every quarter are around these 10-year goals and themes that we have for the company, connecting everyone, understanding the world, helping to build the knowledge economy and these future platforms. So when I’m talking about how I think things like the businesses that we’re talking about are further out than you think, I think that this stuff is actually even further out than that.
Read the whole story here.

Read full article...
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.

Return to “MTBS Newswire”