'Price is Right' host Drew Carey craves virtual reality

Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
metalqueen
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

'Price is Right' host Drew Carey craves virtual reality

Post by metalqueen »

LOS ANGELES — How socially awesome is ThePrice is Right this week? The venerable game show, which was first seen in the 1950s, this week is all about Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and YouTube, with a series of shows interacting with audience members on social media.

The show has a good fit with geeky host Drew Carey, who walks around L.A. with a camera attached to his person, and craves a new virtual reality headset that has yet to go on sale to the general public.

OCULUS RIFT

It's well known that Price is Right contestants can get really crazy when they hear about what prize they could win. Which begs the question: What tech prize would get Carey to jump up and down?

"I can't wait for the Oculus to come out. I think it will be the greatest thing, for movies and gaming." Prototypes of the Oculus Rift virtual reality headset have been shown at trade shows, and Facebook was so impressed it bought the company earlier this year for $2 billion. No firm date has been given for the Oculus release. "It will be pretty awesome, or it will give me a headache."

Read the whole story here.

Read full article...
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.

Return to “MTBS Newswire”