ProjectionDesign demos single projector 1080p 3D system

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

ProjectionDesign demos single projector 1080p 3D system

Post by Silversurfer »

Once again Engadget.com comes up trumps with the latest news. This time it is reporting that AVING has the details. Here's their summary:

"projectiondesign is apparently working on a 3D projection-based solution to fit anyone's need. If a rotating panoramic display or eight camera visualization system seems like overkill, try its latest 2D/3D 1080p projector on for size. When driven by a dual-head PC via DVI it can deliver 3D in 1080p at 60Hz from a single projector, courtesy of a pair of active wireless glasses kept in sync with the projector via IR. AVING reports the system is expected in Korea in September and has a few more pics from the presentation, but your guess is as good as ours as to when this might be available in the U.S., and at what cost.

Article:
http://feeds.engadget.com/~r/weblogsinc ... 295839741/ "

The AVING articles isn't that more details but has more photo's, I guess we have to be patient until closer to the September release date.

SilverSurfer
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

That's kool I think.
chrisdfw
Cross Eyed!

Post by chrisdfw »

It won't be cool if it is only at 60 hz unless they mean 60hz per eye. They should have said 120hz if that is the case. It is interesting that the last 120hz dlp 3d projector was only capable of 800X600 and now they are jumping all the way up to 1080p and skipping 1024X768 or 720p. I'll be skeptical until more specific data and prices are released. The current 1080p DLP projectors are $2600 minimum.
nubie
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by nubie »

Dual Head input means that the current iZ3D drivers should work with it for any card!

That means the AMD 4800 series, or the nVidia 200 series (Either way the prices are going to be highly competitive, even driving down the cost of 9800GTX's and 8800GT/GTS G92 and the AMD 3870's!!)

I think this is great, I like that they go full 1080p as well, I can't stand pixel stretching and scaling (well I live with it for movies and TV, but games and text are another matter, they need per-pixel)

I wonder what they are doing though, it seems if they used a circular polarized color wheel with enough segments they could have passive glasses, unless this is licensed only to theaters :?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

nubie wrote:Dual Head input means that the current iZ3D drivers should work with it for any card!

That means the AMD 4800 series, or the nVidia 200 series (Either way the prices are going to be highly competitive, even driving down the cost of 9800GTX's and 8800GT/GTS G92 and the AMD 3870's!!)

I think this is great, I like that they go full 1080p as well, I can't stand pixel stretching and scaling (well I live with it for movies and TV, but games and text are another matter, they need per-pixel)

I wonder what they are doing though, it seems if they used a circular polarized color wheel with enough segments they could have passive glasses, unless this is licensed only to theaters :?
Yeah, great news on more 3d solutions cropping up every day! And one that should have support.

Also, they mention it uses active shutter glasses, there's the another eye 2000 in the photo!!!
Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Silversurfer »

cybereality wrote:
Also, they mention it uses active shutter glasses, there's the another eye 2000 in the photo!!!
Well spotted
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

wow just read this news on gizmodo only to find it's already here.

gizmodo article:
http://gizmodo.com/392693/projectiondes ... me-theater

there most of the comments are about 3d pron. ahh the ignorant masses, how innocent
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
ssiu
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by ssiu »

They now have 1 model for sale, "F10 AS3D". http://www.projectiondesign.com/Default.asp?CatID=1693 Strangely, the native resolution is only 1400x1050. (Perhaps another model with real 1080p resolution is coming soon.) Alas this is marketed as a "professional" model so it must be very expensive (no price given on the website).
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

120Hz DLP projector (he sais in the video):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jolY4bON_d0
available in Q4 - pricing to be set.

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”