Rift Pi

Vissari8
One Eyed Hopeful

Rift Pi

Post by Vissari8 »

So I've seen several forum posts about the Rift functioning on the Raspberry Pi.

So now I'm wondering if its possible to get a 360 video with head tracking watchable on the pi.

The pi has H.264 support, so ideally I'd make the video in that codec, send it over, then make a program with headtracking support?

I feel like I'm simplifying it too much, new to linux and coding. I greatly appreciate any help anyone can give me.
geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Rift Pi

Post by geekmaster »

Vissari8 wrote:So I've seen several forum posts about the Rift functioning on the Raspberry Pi.

So now I'm wondering if its possible to get a 360 video with head tracking watchable on the pi.

The pi has H.264 support, so ideally I'd make the video in that codec, send it over, then make a program with headtracking support?

I feel like I'm simplifying it too much, new to linux and coding. I greatly appreciate any help anyone can give me.
I packed six skybox videos into one 1080P video. I use the video player source code in the RasPi SDK for fluid playback, then intercept each frame with frambuffer overlaid on skybox array. Code not finished yet (one of many works in progress)...

I use signal11 hidapi for rift tracker data, and for razer hydra data. My tracker code requires accurate calibration, so simplification needed...
Vissari8
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Vissari8 »

So if I'm understanding this right,

hiadpi (hid.c over hid-lidusb.c i'm assuming) lets the video player source code view the tracking data?

And where do you get the skybox array?
geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Post by geekmaster »

Vissari8 wrote:So if I'm understanding this right,

hiadpi (hid.c over hid-lidusb.c i'm assuming) lets the video player source code view the tracking data?

And where do you get the skybox array?
There is a skybox demo. You can link hidapi.c to it. I allocated a static array, and I use that memory as a framebuffer where the video decoder sticks each frame for the head-tracked skybox demo. I warp by reflecting off overlapping spheres in my skybox shader.

Return to “Oculus VR”