Game Stock Car 2013 - (Normal and Extreme)

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
eurisko
One Eyed Hopeful

Game Stock Car 2013 - (Normal and Extreme)

Post by eurisko »

Hi Guys,

Just want to give my feedback as to compatibility with Game Stock Car 2013 - one of the best racing simulators I have played to date.

I just want to give my quick specs and known issues.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 - SP1
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2ghz Hex Core Processor
GA-990FXA-UD7 Motherboard
16gb RAM - Corsair Vengance DDR3
Corsair Force 3 Sata 3 SSD - 120Gb main drive
WD 1TB Caviar Black HDD x 2
WD 2TB Caviar Green HDD x 2

Sapphire Radeon HD6970 2Gb x 2 (CrossFire)
4x Dell U2311H monitors
1 x Oculus Rift

I have tried the original GSC2013 with the Vireio Perception 2.0.0.1 drivers previously, and it worked extremely well - Oculus tracking did not work at all, but that is a known problem. Using the Rf1Rift 2.0 drivers from here -> http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/1 ... post223981 fixed that and head tracking is perfect.

Now, I had left GSC2013 dormant for a little while due to playing around with Rfactor2, but learned of an upgrade to GSC2013 to version 1.15. It is now called Game Stock Car 2013 Extreme, because of the addition of V12 formula cars.... much more fun!

Nevertheless I tried the Vireio Perception drivers as before to have an issue.... the convergence was wayyyyy off, but only during the race! On the main menu, it was working fine....

I tried downloading and using all the previous and current versions of Vireio all of which failed to load.

Now, reverting to 2.0.0.1, it does not overlay anything! It is definitely running (as the game will crash instantly if all the Dll files aren't present in the GSC2013 directory) but the image does not get modified at all anymore... I am now completely lost.

To get it to run, you do need to copy over the D3D9.dll files as well as all the other dll files in the bin directory.

For those who can try, you can get a 60min demo here;

http://game-stockcar.com.br/?page_id=190&lang=en

It is a fantastic game, and keeps getting better... so I hope you can help me figure this out :)

Cheers guys!

Ed

Return to “Development / General Discussion”