perception won't open with 1basedirect3d9 not located error

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
benjah1
One Eyed Hopeful

perception won't open with 1basedirect3d9 not located error

Post by benjah1 »

Hi,

I encounter an odd issue. When I execute the perception.exe, it popup an error message "The procedure entry point ??1BaseDirect3D9@@UAE@XZ could not be located in the dynamic link library d3d9.dll. "

I search online, this is only happening in when opening game exe file without having *.dll files copied over.

Is there anyone can help out my situation?

Thanks

Windows 7 professional 64 bit
Perception 2.0.*
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: perception won't open with 1basedirect3d9 not located er

Post by cybereality »

Does running as admin help?
benjah1
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by benjah1 »

cybereality wrote:Does running as admin help?
It doesn't. I think it is not loading the right dll. I can reproduce this error on another machine after I delete the d3d9.dll.

Is there a way that I can fix this?

Zhibin
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

That error looks like something you would get when running a game rather than perception.exe.

Is this error happening when activating perception.exe, or where running a game after perception.exe is started?

Regards,
Neil
benjah1
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by benjah1 »

Neil wrote:That error looks like something you would get when running a game rather than perception.exe.

Is this error happening when activating perception.exe, or where running a game after perception.exe is started?

Regards,
Neil
You are right about it usually happens when running the game. It just in my case, it happens when executing the perception.exe (please see the attached image).

Like I said in my last reply, I think it is loading the d3d9.dll from dx9 instead of the one in the directory. I guess there is some odd settings going on on my computer.

I am thinking it may be related to the regedit. I really need some help in this to get perception working.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
EisernSchild
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer

Post by EisernSchild »

You're right, this should happen whenever the original d3d9.dll is loaded instead of that one containing the wrapped device. Where is the original d3d9.dll stored on your computer ?
benjah1
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by benjah1 »

EisernSchild wrote:You're right, this should happen whenever the original d3d9.dll is loaded instead of that one containing the wrapped device. Where is the original d3d9.dll stored on your computer ?
I find it in C:\Windows\System32. I think this is the default location of it, isn't it? Whenever I try deleting it, it is alway being loaded, even in safe mode.

I read this online about the DLL search order. No Luck.

I am now wondering if it is the firewall that I am using causing it. It is kingsoft's duba. I know it was good at blocking everything.
benjah1
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by benjah1 »

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the helps and opinion. I found out the reason is my firewall. It prevents application to load a third party DLL for security reason.

Return to “Development / General Discussion”