Random question....

fireslayer26
Cross Eyed!

Random question....

Post by fireslayer26 »

Has anyone watched the movie, Saving Private Ryan, in 3D on the Rift? More specifically, the Normandy Beach landing scene. I was absolutely blown away watching it in the theater. I can only imagine what it would be like in 3D on the Rift.
www.abcliveit.com Change your life! PM for details
GeraldT
Certif-Eyable!

Re: Random question....

Post by GeraldT »

Random answer ...

100% agree ... they don't know it, they can only hope everything works out. It's not a task you can plan and schedule for that long a time ahead, but given where they are now (especially with having the blur eliminated) we should be optimistic.
want to demo the Rift or check it out? click here
Dilip
Certif-Eyed!

Re: Random question....

Post by Dilip »

Got an idea, what if 360 Degree movies specifically made for RIFT adding head tracking.

Where you can actually be inside the movie like invisible spectre that can see the events around while not messing around with it. Though freedom to focus on other area of scene could be great. The ability to avoid main event may somehow do injustice to plot/story line of movie. I Think a solution to this is event triggers kept which allow movie to understand that viewer has seen main event and it can proceed to next phase of plot, though it would require some programming too. Then it won't be movie but an interactive motion program.

What you all think about developing animated movie with UNREAL ENGINE 4 with all events having trigger anchors, while not allowing user to alter events of movie or interact but give 100% freedom to look around and enjoy the 360 panorama of scene he/she is in?

If such movie ever planned my wish would be

1) How to Train your Dragon 3
2) Ice Age 5
3) Adventures of TIN TIN 3 (considering 2 might be ready by now)

Though any such movie will be great grand, but only commercially viable or considered by any big production house after mass adoption of oculus rift like that of TELEVISIONs :idea: (Sure some day......)

How about experimental movies?

Oculus can fund such project and influence good Indi Makers with guide lines. That will be great demo product.

Return to “Oculus VR”