rFactor

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
Rift_Astro
One Eyed Hopeful

rFactor

Post by Rift_Astro »

I'm looking to get rFactor (1) working with Perception but am getting instant crashes.

It's a DX 9.0c game so it's at least in the realms of possibility that it'll work.

I've tried copying the 4 dlls into the rFactor exe directory but it instant crashes after attempting to initiate the game.

Any ideas what I can do to try and progress this or is it futile without developer intervention?

Incidentally TriDef works for rFactor, but I don't want to have to buy TriDef to play this game in S3D/VR.
EisernSchild
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: rFactor

Post by EisernSchild »

Hi !

If you have the driver window started, added a new profile for the game to profiles.xml and did not try to add a VRBoost profile it is definately a lack of driver stability.

We still have game crashes for several games like "Resident Evil V". The stability of the driver is our main goal in any way. I started to download the rFactor client and set this game on the list of the games to be debugged.

Meanwhile i can at least say that we will have a real good DiRT 3 profile for one of the next driver releases, to improve our racing game support.

Regards, Denis
Rift_Astro
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: rFactor

Post by Rift_Astro »

Thanks alot for the response.

I have Dirt3 sitting on my PC waiting to be played. Can't get it running with anything at the moment (forced Dx9 in the game config file).

Waiting with figners crossed :)

Return to “Development / General Discussion”