[WIP] Lost House

Chaoss
One Eyed Hopeful

[WIP] Lost House

Post by Chaoss »

Lost House
The Lost House is a fully interactive house and surrounding gardens, this build is very in very early stages of development and is meant as a showcase for the Oculus Rift. It can be used to make sure you have the correct IPD and callibration settings as everything has been designed to scale. It also makes a great demo to show off the Oculus Rift to groups or friends!

It will ultimately be a fully interactive house where everything will be able to be used, picked up, unlocked, locked, read or even sat on. It's purpose is to demo the Oculus Rift and various new virtual reality features. It will be constantly updated!

You can download the Windows x86 build here or here

cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: [WIP] Lost House

Post by cybereality »

Nice.
adventurer
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by adventurer »

I tried it at Chaoss's house today. He is a super nice guy. The virtual house demo is absolute amazing! the texture, 3d, sense of depth and everything is perfect, look no different from a real house. I feel like I was really walking through an empty house, not an animated house. I hope Chaoss will complete his demo soon :D
mattyeatsmatts
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by mattyeatsmatts »

This is great man I am highly impressed with the quality of your model. As I was standing there staring out of the window I came to think it looked like a blizzard out there and got a creepy vibe so I made this Unity asset and attached it to this message in hope you could insert it into your model and have him circling the house out in the fog. Just for fun, just for me. Its the Yeti from the old windows game called Ski Free. I am going to use him in my remake called "Skifree-D"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jeremyc9
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jeremyc9 »

Absolutely great demo, I spent quite a bit of time just hanging out in this empty house. I can't wait to see some updates for this.
Chaoss
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Chaoss »

jeremyc9 wrote:Absolutely great demo, I spent quite a bit of time just hanging out in this empty house. I can't wait to see some updates for this.
Thanks Mr, the next update will include openable doors, the start of the outside area, interactive furniture and more detail.
virror
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by virror »

Can it also include disabled V-sync pretty please? : p
House looks incredible so far : )
Chaoss
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Chaoss »

virror wrote:Can it also include disabled V-sync pretty please? : p
House looks incredible so far : )
As far as I know I have it disabled. However the next build will have a menu system with an option to disable it.
virror
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by virror »

If you just using the default Unity quality settings its only disabled on the lower settings and enabled on the higher and since i always gets exactly 30fps i suspect it because of the v-sync.
Awesome house though : D

Return to “Oculus VR”