Strike Suit Zero Oculus Rift Update

Marulu
Certif-Eyed!

Strike Suit Zero Oculus Rift Update

Post by Marulu »

Some of you guys probably remember Strike Suit Zero, a Kickstarter for a space flight game, with Oculus Rift support.
They now finally have released a update for the Kickstarter page about the Oculus Rift integration.
They are working to release full Oculus Rift support for the game this summer.

You can read the full update here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/431 ... sts/481609

Visit my website! http://mushroomtomatoes.com/
defactoman
Cross Eyed!

Re: Strike Suit Zero Oculus Rift Update

Post by defactoman »

Cool, I had purchased the game when it came out on steam for the rift (fun game regardless). Can't wait to have some fun.
Marulu
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Marulu »

Guys, now is the perfect time to get this game,because it currently is on sale.
You can pick it up on Steam for 50% off, here is a link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/209540/

The game is going to get official Rift support sometime this summer.

NikoKun
Cross Eyed!

Post by NikoKun »

I wonder if Infinity has Oculus Rift support as well. Probably. heh
Marulu
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Marulu »

NikoKun wrote:I wonder if Infinity has Oculus Rift support as well. Probably. heh
Nothing has been announced yet about Oculus Rift support for Infinity.
But it is based on the same file system so them adding support also to it is a very likely scenario.
I bought it today (only 3$!) just for the case of it also getting Oculus Rift support.

Omarzuqo
Cross Eyed!

Post by Omarzuqo »

I just bought it. Thanks for the heads up.
You can also Greenlight other Rift games.
MrGreen
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by MrGreen »

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up!
pete ski
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by pete ski »

Thanks, just bought from Steam.. :woot
Marulu
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Marulu »

For those that have missed the Steam sale I am going to give two Strike Suit Infinity 25% off codes away.
Just send me a PM, and I am going to send one of the two discount codes your way.

I got these codes for backing the Kickstarter, but now that I have bought the game at 50% off, I have no use for them anymore.

alekki
Cross Eyed!

Post by alekki »

Marulu wrote:For those that have missed the Steam sale I am going to give two Strike Suit Infinity 25% off codes away.
Just send me a PM, and I am going to send one of the two discount codes your way.

I got these codes for backing the Kickstarter, but now that I have bought the game at 50% off, I have no use for them anymore.
I didn't even remember we got discount codes. I have two to give away as well.
lmimmfn
Cross Eyed!

Post by lmimmfn »

The steam summer sale is due soon, I would wait for it before using a 25% off code.
Marulu
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Marulu »

Guys the closed Oculus Rift beta is out now!
You can read the official Kickstarter announcement here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/431 ... sts/514400

I actually forgot to add the $1 for the beta :oops: . (I actually only backed the Kickstarter because of Rift support.)
I really would really appreciate if anyone could send me a PM with the instructions on how to get the Beta!
You don´t have to send me anything if getting the beta involves a code which you can only use once.

Marulu
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Marulu »

I contacted the developers of Strike Suit Zero and they actually gave me access to the closed Oculus Rift Beta! :woot

Edit: For those wondering the Rift beta does not work with Strike Suit Infinity, in only works with Strike Suit Zero.

defactoman
Cross Eyed!

Post by defactoman »

very cool :) I bought it back when it came out (but not the new one) on steam. Look forward to it's release to non beta types. be sure to give good feedback heh
Marulu
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Marulu »

Strike Suit Zero is on sale once again!
This time gog.com has it on sale for only $4.99.

You can find the link to the deal below.
http://www.gog.com/gamecard/strike_suit_zero

mattyeatsmatts
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by mattyeatsmatts »

hmm 5 bucks ay, ill bite
Kerry
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Kerry »

Has anyone tried the beta yet?
Marulu
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Marulu »

Kerry wrote:Has anyone tried the beta yet?
I tried it and I have to say it is good, but there are some flaws, like things rendering only on one eye, and some things rendering in correctly in one of the two eyes.
But overall it is a good experience.

baggyg
Vireio Perception Developer

Post by baggyg »

Played on the SSZ OR beta yesterday. Its very good with some new ideas on how to show HUDs. Flying around is great although obviously hard to pick up details sometimes with the resolution.

However the roll is terrible at the moment. Hopefully they'll fix this soon.
DavidC
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DavidC »

Ah, so I bought this and have now only seen about the $1 Kickstarter pledge required for the OR beta :(

Is there any way to get access to the OR beta without being a 1$ kickstarter ?
baggyg

Post by baggyg »

DavidC wrote:Ah, so I bought this and have now only seen about the $1 Kickstarter pledge required for the OR beta :(

They are releasing very soon to everyone. To be honest I don't think there are any steps to stop everyone accessing the early beta. Its just a steam beta password.
Marulu
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Marulu »

DavidC wrote:Ah, so I bought this and have now only seen about the $1 Kickstarter pledge required for the OR beta :(

You didn´t have to back it at 1$, you had to add 1$ to your 20$ pledge.
The beta soon is going public, and if you really want it now why don´t you send a PM to some people who have the beta and ask for the password, they might give it to you.

torc
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by torc »

Guys i'm downloading SSZ from GOG right now:
How can i access to the Oculus Rift Beta version?

Sorry but i'm a bit noob with this one.

Thanks for the help :)
Marulu
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Marulu »

torc wrote:Guys i'm downloading SSZ from GOG right now:
How can i access to the Oculus Rift Beta version?

Sorry but i'm a bit noob with this one.

Thanks for the help :)
Only Kickstarter backers have access to the closed Oculus Rift beta.
But they have announced they soon are going to make the beta public.

torc
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by torc »

Thanks for the info:
I tried to play that game in normal monitor and it seems very good :)
I can only image how it looks into SBS mode,cockpit and headtracking(even if it's not fully supported and with some bug AFAIK) :woot
play2lose
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by play2lose »

I've been dying to try this out with the Rift.

Could someone please PM me the steam beta password?? Would be very grateful!
torc
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by torc »

play2lose wrote:I've been dying to try this out with the Rift.

Could someone please PM me the steam beta password?? Would be very grateful!
me too! :(
museumsteve

Post by museumsteve »

..and me :)
I bought it but decided I didn't want to play it until I could use it with the Rift
LordJuanlo

Post by LordJuanlo »

I'm also interested in the beta password
Comunidad española de RV / Spanish VR Community
baggyg

Post by baggyg »

I am not thrilled with the guys behind this since I backed as a kickstarter and ended up paying way more than you can buy it for now. Additionally they undervalue their product by giving away loads of free keys. It is a kick in the teeth for anyone who actually help fund them finish the game and has put a sour taste in my mouth to the point where I will rarely back a game now. The Oculus BETA is pretty good but the support on the special forum is pretty much non-existent.

That being said it is a closed BETA and dont want to get into trouble by spreading around the instructions (even though its the same password for anyone to access). I suggest you tweet their community manager @ https://twitter.com/JaminEatWorld. I wouldn't be surprised if he sends back the instructions.
museumsteve

Post by museumsteve »

baggyg wrote:I am not thrilled with the guys behind this since I backed as a kickstarter and ended up paying way more than you can buy it for now. Additionally they undervalue their product by giving away loads of free keys. It is a kick in the teeth for anyone who actually help fund them finish the game and has put a sour taste in my mouth to the point where I will rarely back a game now. The Oculus BETA is pretty good but the support on the special forum is pretty much non-existent.

That being said it is a closed BETA and dont want to get into trouble by spreading around the instructions (even though its the same password for anyone to access). I suggest you tweet their community manager @ https://twitter.com/JaminEatWorld. I wouldn't be surprised if he sends back the instructions.
Why would you be upset because people can buy it cheaper now. That's just called 'early adopting'. It's the same in all retail. You buy a game at the earliest chance and pay the full price. You wait a couple of weeks or months and it will always be cheaper somewhere. Did you not pay to play it straight away?
baggyg

Post by baggyg »

museumsteve wrote:
baggyg wrote:I am not thrilled with the guys behind this since I backed as a kickstarter and ended up paying way more than you can buy it for now. Additionally they undervalue their product by giving away loads of free keys. It is a kick in the teeth for anyone who actually help fund them finish the game and has put a sour taste in my mouth to the point where I will rarely back a game now. The Oculus BETA is pretty good but the support on the special forum is pretty much non-existent.

Why would you be upset because people can buy it cheaper now. That's just called 'early adopting'. It's the same in all retail. You buy a game at the earliest chance and pay the full price. You wait a couple of weeks or months and it will always be cheaper somewhere. Did you not pay to play it straight away?
Nope, I backed it on Kickstarter and hence couldn't play until it was out. I, like quite a few others I must say, were annoyed that as soon as we were able to download the game (I.e. on release) it was already cheaper elsewhere. I understand retail, but the rules aren't exactly the same when it comes to crowd funding. Sure, sales happen and generally a game will be cheaper over time. I dont think it is unreasonable that that time frame be greater than 1 week.
Marulu
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Marulu »

I think this is a really dumb argument, you are not supposed to back a Kickstarter because you want the product.
You are supposed to back it because you want to give the developer/artist/musician a chance to create what they want to.

Kickstarter is not a store and it always comes with big risks like you getting nothing at all, which already has occurred several times.

museumsteve

Post by museumsteve »

baggyg wrote: Nope, I backed it on Kickstarter and hence couldn't play until it was out. I, like quite a few others I must say, were annoyed that as soon as we were able to download the game (I.e. on release) it was already cheaper elsewhere. I understand retail, but the rules aren't exactly the same when it comes to crowd funding. Sure, sales happen and generally a game will be cheaper over time. I dont think it is unreasonable that that time frame be greater than 1 week.
Sorry mate, I assumed kickstarters got an instant opportunity to play. My apologies.
baggyg

Post by baggyg »

Marulu wrote:I think this is a really dumb argument, you are not supposed to back a Kickstarter because you want the product.
You are supposed to back it because you want to give the developer/artist/musician a chance to create what they want to.

Kickstarter is not a store and it always comes with big risks like you getting nothing at all, which already has occurred several times.
What argument is so dumb? If you had actually known anything about this kickstarter before rudely commenting you would know that it was different from the norm since they were just asking for the money to finish the game, not to create it. Therefore it was closer to a retail process.
you are not supposed to back a Kickstarter because you want the product.
Really? I think that is the exact reason you back a kickstarter.

At the end of the day I don't think it is a big ask for kickstarter backers to be given some gratitude for putting up the money with the risks involved (as you have already said) then from day one having given more than the product was retailing for to receive exactly the same thing.
baggyg

Post by baggyg »

museumsteve wrote:
baggyg wrote: Nope, I backed it on Kickstarter and hence couldn't play until it was out. I, like quite a few others I must say, were annoyed that as soon as we were able to download the game (I.e. on release) it was already cheaper elsewhere. I understand retail, but the rules aren't exactly the same when it comes to crowd funding. Sure, sales happen and generally a game will be cheaper over time. I dont think it is unreasonable that that time frame be greater than 1 week.
Sorry mate, I assumed kickstarters got an instant opportunity to play. My apologies.
Thanks for the apology. At the end of the day I am glad this game came out. There are some really nice ideas in the Oculus beta, especially HUDs. I wish the team the best but hope next time around they plan it out a little better to avoid this type of backlash.
Marulu
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Marulu »

baggyg wrote: If you had actually known anything about this kickstarter before rudely commenting you would know that it was different from the norm since they were just asking for the money to finish the game, not to create it. Therefore it was closer to a retail process.
I did not only know about this Kickstarter I was one of the backers. (You would have known that if you would have read my other posts on this thread.)
They were asking for money because they wanted to finish the game and publish it them selves.

The argument I think is stupid is comparing Kickstarting a unfinished product to buying a finished one.
If you would have wanted something special why did you not go for the beta tier.

baggyg

Post by baggyg »

Marulu wrote:
baggyg wrote: If you had actually known anything about this kickstarter before rudely commenting you would know that it was different from the norm since they were just asking for the money to finish the game, not to create it. Therefore it was closer to a retail process.
I did not only know about this Kickstarter I was one of the backers. (You would have known that if you would have read my other posts on this thread.)
They were asking for money because they wanted to finish the game and publish it them selves.

The argument I think is stupid is comparing Kickstarting a unfinished product to buying a finished one.
If you would have wanted something special why did you not go for the beta tier.
I don't know how to respond to you because I am really not sure what you argument is or what part of my original point you disagree with. When in my original thought did you hear me saying this is exactly like a finished product? I have not made any argument that says kickstarter is like buying from a shop. In fact my very quote was:
baggyg wrote:I understand retail, but the rules aren't exactly the same when it comes to crowd funding
So you are in fact agreeing with me? Sorry to come back hard on this one but so far you have indirectly called me 1) stupid and 2) dumb so far despite not actually offering a rebuttal to my original points. Just to be clear, my original post stated these things I was not happy with:
1) The game was heavily discounted very soon after release to kickstarter backers to receive exactly the same release. In fact the very day I received my code to play I could have bought it cheaper then my original pledge.
2) The product seems to be under valued by the team, evidenced by the free giveaways and release of a "lite" score version just a short time after the main game.
3) The support on the Oculus Rift forum has been slow and poor.
I did pay the extra to get on the Oculus beta version, another point I was not arguing. In the interest of keeping the forums civil, it may be worth to understand what I am saying before throwing around another derogatory term.
Marulu
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Marulu »

I was not talking about anyone in particular I just said the argument of comparing Kickstarter to normal retail is dumb and should not be done.
I tried to convey me not talking about you or anyone else in particular by not quoting you.

Marulu
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Marulu »

To make it a bit clearer I was agreeing with you and I was not saying you are dumb I just said "People that think Kickstarter is just like retail are dumb."

Return to “Oculus VR”