Anyone have a TrackIR 5 for sale?

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
zalo
Certif-Eyed!

Anyone have a TrackIR 5 for sale?

Post by zalo »

I'm not sure about the rules for these kind of threads, but I'm in the market for a used TrackIR 5. If anyone has one that they are interested in selling, please message me.

Thanks!
zalo
Certif-Eyed!

Re: Anyone have a TrackIR 5 for sale?

Post by zalo »

Nevermind, it looks like you can't get raw point tracking data from it into Unity. Sorry, mods can delete.

EDIT: Would anyone know a way to get point tracking data from a Wiimote into Unity on Windows?
JDuncan
Cross Eyed!

Post by JDuncan »

zalo wrote:Would anyone know a way to get point tracking data from a Wiimote into Unity on Windows?
http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/6775-W ... gin/page12
"
Hello everyone! After months of lurking on this thread and others like it, I have managed to create my own alternative to UniWii that provides raw IR data, as well as other features like Motion Plus, classic controller, guitar hero guitar, guitar hero drum set, the DJ Hero turntable, and the balance board.

I did my best to make it as easy to use as possible. You can find the API of all its functions here.

I recently put it up for sale on the Asset Store. Hopefully, if it sells well enough, I'll be able to start making some actual Wii U games.

Please let me know what you think and if there's anything I can do to further improve it. I'm still working on the Windows version (currently it's Mac only) and I'll be getting to work on the Wii-U controllers as soon as I can get my hands on them.

-Greg
"
he links to the website below;
http://bitlegit.net/api/

"google is your friend"

on the wiibuddy website Greg said someone is making a windows version of wiibuddy, right now it's mac only so keep checking the wiibuddy website to see when they release the windows version they're working on.
zalo
Certif-Eyed!

Post by zalo »

I've been strongly considering WiiBuddy for a while (its the only thing in the Unity App Store). Of course, the dealbreaker is that it's Mac only.

The reason that is, (I've discovered after much more googling) is because the newer versions of unity on windows automatically connects to HID devices (thus blocking off any connection the library has to it).

After an hour or two of trial and error, I managed to get UniWii functional on Windows by deleting all of the inputs, setting the compatibility mode to .NET 2.0, and updating all the obselete ".active"s in the script. You're still not able to run it in preview mode, but at least it's functional.

I'll shoot the WiiBuddy guy an email letting him know what's up.

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”