Disabling '3D Vision Discover'

bodyremover
One Eyed Hopeful

Disabling '3D Vision Discover'

Post by bodyremover »

Hi !

I have recently installed a new receiver (Pioneer VSX-322) and since then I am facing this annoying problem:
Before the receiver, I was connecting my Dell XPS 15 laptop (with geforce 435M) to my Optoma H66, and everything worked great.
Now that I installed the receiver, when I enable the 3d stereoscopic in the nvidia control panel it always chooses the '3D Vision Discover' as default, when I switch to the Optoma projector it switches to 120Hz mode, but when I start a movie (with nvidia 3d vision player) it returns to the 60Hz no 3d mode. and in the control panel is resets to 3D Vision Discover again...

To resolve it I always need to select the Optoma and apply the change when everything is running, sometimes for several tries until it works...

My question is, Is there any way to fix it? maybe remove or uninstall the 3D Vision Discover option?

I'm new to this forum and would like to thank you all in advance!

P.S - I am using the nvidia 3d vision 1 (and emitter)
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Disabling '3D Vision Discover'

Post by cybereality »

I've had this happen when using multiple monitors (i.e. on that is 3D and one that is not). It may be solved by using only the 3D display connected directly to the GPU.

In your case it seems like maybe the receiver is interfering with the detection of your 3D projector. I'm not sure how to fix this.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: Disabling '3D Vision Discover'

Post by Dom »

I would first make sure windows and nvidia are updated and if possible have windows recognized your receiver. I also wonder about the hdmi 1.4 3d ready receivers and that they might be signaled to default to 1.4 framepacking without proper inf support from nvidia. So using Page flipping mode might not be the best with a 3d receiver unless nvidia has the model of it. Give them a call, they will usually get it working for you. You might be better off than using a hack.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”