IMAX encounters in the third dimension

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

IMAX encounters in the third dimension

Post by sharky »

this one is great! the 3D effect is amazing.. i was sitting in the chair around 1.5 meters away from the monitor and there was a sort of "liquid spider-like robot" moving his arms towards to my face and they reached 1 meter out of a little 17" screen.. would really like to see this one on a large screen... a lot of cool effects, and very much different scenes. from shows, to pictures, to a science studio, to a theater, to movieclips, to rides... a lot.. really cool and amazing.

3D effect: 9,5
Audio: surround and DTS 10
story: really cool.. its the explanation of the story history and evolution of 3D. if it would have been done in 2 years there yould be mtbs3D inside too.. :D vote 10
WOW effect: 9

these are my votes.. please remember that this is NOT a review! its just my personal thought as Igor and not as a mtbs3D moderator.. everybody is free to put his own oppinion in here and write what he things... same as what i wrote for all other movies.

bye

sharky
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

ohgrant
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ohgrant »

If you liked Encounters..., you should check out the sequel "Misadventures in 3D" it starts where Encounters... left off with the professor and max caught between the 2nd and 3rd dimension. It goes on to explain more about perspective, occlusion and relative motion. I didn't like it as much as Encounters... but it was defiantly worth getting.
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

ohooooooooo thanks that will be my next one....:D
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

chrisjarram
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by chrisjarram »

I have all of the IMAX 3D dvd's available and can categorically state by far the best one is 'Adentures in CGI'. Its just a bunch of ridefilms produced by MultiDimensional studios which they use in their own 3D simulators (and I use it in mine, which is based on high speed SCN5 actuators).

The fliud robot in the other one you are referring to is from the T2 ride at universal, where they have 3* passive screens surrounding the thatre and the thing walks around you - its very good I used to live in LA (back in the UK now tho :)
Killigath
Cross Eyed!

Post by Killigath »

The T2:3D part has to be the best part of the whole movie, for sure. I watched it over and over. Sharky, it does look cool on a 61' TV sitting roughly 8 feet away. The 3D effects from that distance weren't stunning, but were present. I think it would look better if I sat a little closer.

Only thing that disappointed me about these DVD's is they are all Fullscreen and not 16:9. The black bars on the sides mess with the 3D effect, for me at least.

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”