I'M Very new to stereoscopic 3d :D

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
mykee90
One Eyed Hopeful

I'M Very new to stereoscopic 3d :D

Post by mykee90 »

Hi everybody!!! I'm writing from Hungary. Well, i was in an Imax, and i saw an Imax 3D movie ( Space station) last week. Well i pissed in my pants. I was incredibly amazed from it. So i started searching the internet how i can get a little slice of that miracle, and how i can get the "same" feeling at home. I started with anaglyph glasses and it was fantastic too. But in games i didn't get a real depth. On the other hand i was laughing my ass off from the happiness when in COD2 and in SOF2 the weapon came out from my monitor. Well i decided at that point: I need shutter glasses. So on a site "Vatera" ( like eBay in USA) i ordered a pair of x3d glasses.It was cheap, but i read on this forum it doesn't matter and the company is out of business. So maybe the next week i will get my first pair of shutter glasses!!! I know it was a little long but this is my second comment. :roll:
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

hi and welcome to the forums! please note that shutterglasses require CRT monitors (100+hz refresh rate recomended), also game-wise they don't work with nvidia series 8, 9 cards with the nvidia stereo drivers (some people have reported success with nvidia 8800) unless you use the edimensional drivers (very out of date).
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
mykee90
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mykee90 »

Thanks for your instructions! :o Well in the last few days after Imax i'm on this 3d thing so i know the facts. :lol: I have the same forceware as the stereo driver ( i have an old GF 5200fx and a celeron 2.4 GHz :D ) the 91.31 ones, and i followed the instructions of This site: http://www.3d.wep.dk/driverguide.html. So everythings works with anaglyph, but it can't provide depth, but the weaps are 3d :P and after some hours my eyes are tired :lol: :)
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

no prob, enjoy the 3d :)
mykee90
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mykee90 »

..... and yeah i own an EIZO Crt monitor and it can provide up to 150hz. But my video card can't stand it so i use 100Hz. Only the glasses missing. :lol:
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

wooow 150Hz iz a lot!!!!! my samsung 19' syncmaster can do a max of 100hz (but cause of your video card we're basically in the same boat), in any case at 100hz you won't get any flickering so you're all safe! Regarding eyestrain- I actually discovered if the settings are correct for you, and if you practiced a lot and the room is well lit then eye strain is minimal and I was able to play for hours with little side effects.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Cool, congratulations man. I used to have the X3D glasses, they work pretty good on CRTs. You probably won't be playing too many modern games with that video card but it should be enough to start out. You might want to find a cheap 6800 GT or better video card (7950 GTX is the best card you can get for shutterglasses). This is because stereo3d gaming can be more intensive than 2D gaming. Hope you enjoy your purchase.
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

hi there! welcome to the stereo world.. :D

did you try the iz3d anaglyph drivers? maybe you get more depth..

cu

igor
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

mykee90
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mykee90 »

I realised yesterday that i didn't changed the thing "convergence" with Ctrl + F5 and Ctrl+ F6. Hehe :D. Now i have depth :P
bustincapps
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by bustincapps »

Hi and welcome. There is quite a steep learning curve with the current state of S3d technologies being niche and not quite main stream. I also made the leap into S3d shutter glasses and CRT late last year and have never looked back at the 2d world. It really is worth all the hair pulling just to get your favorite games just right in stereo :)

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”