Microsoft Flight Simulator X Gets Oculus Rift Support

Marulu
Certif-Eyed!

Microsoft Flight Simulator X Gets Oculus Rift Support

Post by Marulu »

OmniAtlas over at the Developer Forums has added Oculus Rift support to Microsoft Flight Simulator X using Facetracknoir, and Vireio Perception.

The Perception profile he used:

<profile game_name="MS Flight Sim" game_exe="fsx.exe" game_type="0" separation="0.00358799" convergence="-0.02" swap_eyes="false" yaw_multiplier="25" pitch_multiplier="25" roll_multiplier="1" />

You can find more information here https://developer.oculusvr.com/forums/v ... 752&p=7629

Visit my website! http://mushroomtomatoes.com/
mattyeatsmatts
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator X Gets Oculus Rift Support

Post by mattyeatsmatts »

Now for war thunder
Tacklebait
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Tacklebait »

Cymatic Bruce! Where are ya on this one?

Love it if someone posted a video or some thoughts of their experience playing fsx through the rift.
mm0zct
Cross Eyed!

Post by mm0zct »

I'd call it "support" in the same way that I'd call my Dirt3 mode "support" (which is basically exactly the same thing ;) ) in that it supports head tracking and warping, but it's not stereo 3D, the view is duplicated and projected at infinity.

For flight and driving sims this is a passable experience, because most of the things are far away out the window anyway, and a lot of the immersion comes from just having fast head tracking and a wide FOV.

Hopefully we will get proper stereo 3D working with Virieo in Dirt and FSX soon though :)

For future reference look for the Rift head tracking at the OpenTrack project instead of FTNOIR, it's forked and my Rift plugin was in the branch that the developer wouldn't merge into 1.8 and as such was forked off (the branch with cross platform windows and linux support)

Return to “Oculus VR”