LCD TV - inverted/wrong colors

ftarnogol
Cross Eyed!

LCD TV - inverted/wrong colors

Post by ftarnogol »

Hi all,

I think my LCD TV went kaput.

I was watching it and suddenly the color went awry. At first I thought it was a GPU problem so I connected my PC to a projector and the image was correct.

All menus (which should be blue are now a "purplish" color, and overall colors seem to be inverted or plainly wrong.

I'm attaching a screenshot of my TV.

Is it possible that a circuit board got damaged?

Thank you!

<a href="http://phobos.psychologicaltechnologies.com">Link text</a>
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: LCD TV - inverted/wrong colors

Post by Likay »

The steamwindow looks ok for me. Have you tried games and movies if the tv behaves the same? Maybe the colortable is messed up for the tv as display in the computer. (deinstall displaydrivers, clean install). How does the tv behave with other signalsources?
1: Try other inputs and inputmodes of the tv in an attemt to localize the problem.
2: Turn off the tv, unplug the mains. Wait a few mins, plug it in and turn it on again to see if it's a temporary quirk.
3: Turn off the tv, unplug the mains. Wait until it really cold down (1-2 hours) and turn it on again to see if it's heatrelated. (if it is you should be able to search for errors using chillspray or similar).
4: Bad capacitors... Sometimes damages are visible, very often not. It's worth to visually check them though. Errors caused by these do not really come at once but instead gives intermittent faulty syndroms which by time quickly becomes worse. I don't think this error is capacitor related though.

I had a very similar phenomena once with a broken cable (the phenomena looks like a signal problem to me but i don't know exactly how the picture is suppoused to look like originally. In a matter of fact the window looks ok except for the desktop background only) but since you probably checked so...
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
ftarnogol
Cross Eyed!

Re: LCD TV - inverted/wrong colors

Post by ftarnogol »

Hi Likay,

Thanks for the tips. I just finished trying all of them and no luck. Guess I'll have to take it to a tech and pray that he can fix it :(
<a href="http://phobos.psychologicaltechnologies.com">Link text</a>

Return to “General Hardware & Software Technical Support”