$40 Hydras on Woot again!

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
Lilwolf
Cross Eyed!

$40 Hydras on Woot again!

Post by Lilwolf »

http://www.woot.com/plus/razer-gaming-accessories-2

I got one a bit ago. I love it. I'm considering buying another, just to hack it.
zebrastealer
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: $40 Hydras on Woot again!

Post by zebrastealer »

Damn! I just realized I am one of the first Users on MTBS3d. Joined April 2007 - the month after MTBS3d first opened its doors.

Occulus Rift dev kit, waiting for the release version or a good screen hack....
3 x 24 inch monitors running nVidia surround 3d
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Can't believe technology like this is going so cheap. It's literally a steal at this price.
comham
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by comham »

Nuts, woot don't ship to the UK? How unfortunate. Even with shipping it would still be cheaper than buying one here.
Pingles
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Pingles »

I keep thinking about how many of these Razer must have manufactured.

We get Hydra threads all the time so there must be a ton already out there and yet woot seems to be regularly selling these at crazy discounts.

You guys got me this time. I grabbed my first this go round. Just shipped.
jumbli
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jumbli »

comham wrote:Nuts, woot don't ship to the UK? How unfortunate. Even with shipping it would still be cheaper than buying one here.
I just received mine in the UK using the 50% discount code, which is available till the 30th April:
http://www.razerzone.com/VRpromo

It cost £54 including delivery (without Portal 2), which I thought was a good price.
MrGreen
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by MrGreen »

Are these deals a sign that a wireless Hydra 2 is about to be announced?

BELIEVE!
Drewbdoo
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Drewbdoo »

I just got mine from this deal. I'd used the hydra once before and only on the tuscany demo. I was planning to get a pair for the gallery as well as for other future rift games, but I have to say that I am geniunely impressed. The integration in TF2 is phenomenal and I never thought I'd say it, but I'm better at tf2 with the hydra than keyboard/mouse or 360 controller. The keyhole in the center, the same they use for the -vr mode, is incredible and now I want that in every fps. When I ordered it, I felt like the hydra was a hammer looking for a nail, thinking that nail would be VR games, but even without VR, its incredibly impressive.
jumbli
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jumbli »

MrGreen wrote:Are these deals a sign that a wireless Hydra 2 is about to be announced?

BELIEVE!
Wireless + the extra unit for positional head tracking. I'll be amazed if they aren't doing something in partnership with Oculus.

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”