[CNNMoney] Stereo 3D production made easy (Video)

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

[CNNMoney] Stereo 3D production made easy (Video)

Post by cybereality »

The video is from a few months ago, but it seemed to fly by the radar:
http://money.cnn.com/video/#/video/fsb/ ... system.fsb

What I want to know is how did Iconix Video get passive stereo working with a Samsung HDTV?

Watch the video, he clearly says they use polarized glasses and you can see the monitor is a Samsung. How is this possible?
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

Hes either confused or that tv is dual screen polarized. The tv was displaying normal slowed down page flipping and he said it would happen 60 times a second. Also those glasses looked a little chunky for polarized.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Okta wrote:Hes either confused or that tv is dual screen polarized. The tv was displaying normal slowed down page flipping and he said it would happen 60 times a second. Also those glasses looked a little chunky for polarized.
Yeah, you are probably right. The glasses do look like SGs. But you have to admit he made it sound like it was a passive solution.
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

well even SG use polarizers! They have one fixed one and one that can be turned 'on' and 'off' and is 90° to it. That results in the blocking of nearly all light. That is also the reason, why you could use SG as polarized glasses.

Some lcd monitors are polarized that way, that you don't see any light when you wear SG and look at them.
I noticed at a lan and tried to help my neighbour :)
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”