Novit Falcon Gogamer sale - 18 hrs left for $139!!

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
zebrastealer
Two Eyed Hopeful

Novit Falcon Gogamer sale - 18 hrs left for $139!!

Post by zebrastealer »

(Moved this to its own topic just in case someone wants to jump on this deal before it expires)

48 hour madness sale - the Novit Falcon is listed at $139. Cheapest I've seen it, but you've only got 18 hours left from this moment.

http://www.gogamer.com/Falcon-3D-Force- ... ewprod.htm

With the new Valve support on this controller it might actually be worth picking up now - Valve seems to lead the pack in some areas so this could be good news for upcoming game support from other developers.
Damn! I just realized I am one of the first Users on MTBS3d. Joined April 2007 - the month after MTBS3d first opened its doors.

Occulus Rift dev kit, waiting for the release version or a good screen hack....
3 x 24 inch monitors running nVidia surround 3d
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

The Falcon is a really well made device and certainly worth $140 (especially when some "gaming" mice sell for close to $100). Playing HL2 w/ that thing and in S3D is pretty cool, but some of the other games are a bit budget. Just be aware there is only a small list of compatible titles at the moment, but if you're into S3D you are probably used to that by now anyway. With the EA deal and this new Valve deal we should be seeing more game support so if you've been waiting now is probably a good time to make the jump.

However, I would recommend waiting a month or so to get the new black Falcon which includes a pistol grip and also the Falcon compatible Orange Box bundle for $189:
http://home.novint.com/reserve/pistol.php
chrisdfw
Cross Eyed!

Post by chrisdfw »

This device would probably be good for some type of single player adventure game and possibly sports sims.

I would never handicap myself by using a force feedback device in a multiplayer game.

It would be interesting in an adventure game to reach under water and feel around for something that you can't see.

Ultimately, mouse/trackball and keyboard are best for FPS, racing wheels for driving, and flight sticks/yokes for flying.
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

Like stereo 3D, this thing is not to frag, but to help in having immersive virtual experiences
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

chrisdfw wrote:It would be interesting in an adventure game to reach under water and feel around for something that you can't see.
They have one adventure game that kind of like that. Its a first person survival-horror style game. You actually have the pull the controller to open doors, reach into drawers or solve physics based puzzles and things like that. The graphics are also pretty nice looking, but I haven't checked it out on my new rig yet. The demo seemed pretty cool though:
http://www.penumbrablackplague.com/site/media.php

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”