TriDef released a new driver today

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

TriDef released a new driver today

Post by pixel67 »

Here is the link...

http://www.tridef.com/download/TriDef-3 ... e-3.3.html

Look like COD4 is now supported, adds Hyundai display support, touts improved performance for all games, adds laser sight in some games, and more. Let us know how it works guys! I would be interested in seeing how much performance improves over previous releases. I won't have time to take it for a test drive until the weekend...
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Hyundai displays, nice. I hadn't even heard of them. I thought it was just Samsung and Mitsubishi. Things are really picking up.

Good to hear the performance is improved. I wonder by how much. Still, it good to see these drivers getting better support.
genetic
Cross Eyed!

Post by genetic »

Do you need to uninstall Nvidia stereo drivers to test this out?

Also, I couldn’t find any info on compatible GPUs

thanks for the find.
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

genetic wrote:Do you need to uninstall Nvidia stereo drivers to test this out?

thanks for the find.
They are supposed to work on amd and nvidia. You don't need to uninstall, just disable nvidia drivers and these should work.
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
Simon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Simon »

pixel67 wrote:
genetic wrote:Do you need to uninstall Nvidia stereo drivers to test this out?

thanks for the find.
They are supposed to work on amd and nvidia. You don't need to uninstall, just disable nvidia drivers and these should work.
ATI and Nvidia.
Simon
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

Just thought I would add some "beef" to this release. I have to say that this is a great release for the folks at DDD. Performance increases across the board and are more in line with the Nvidia drivers of yesteryear (about 40% - 50% fps hit depending on the game). I have been playing Bioshock at 1080P for the last several hours and the average frame rate floats between 30-40 fps. Great job guys! I had to play at 720P before in order to get an acceptable framerate. I also have FINALLY been able to get FarCry to work by using the Halo2 profile. Ahh, it sure is great to fire up that classic and play it on my Sammy for the first time in 3D! I was able to fix the vegetation bug i posted elsewhere by editing the ini file and changing the vegetation draw distance to 20. NFS Prostreet is also playable at 1080P for the first time! Crysis coming up next...

Very impressive guys. Great work!

PiXeL
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”