Strange problem...

Reticuli
One Eyed Hopeful

Strange problem...

Post by Reticuli »

In the past week my Asus 236 3D display and wireless glasses no longer work in 120hz properly. The only mode that works without weird issues (right eye flashing or test screen smearing) is 100hz mode. It's a 120hz display and I don't have any fluorescent lights on. 120hz works fine in 2D, just that the syncing is not working properly above 120hz. Out of the blue. And I haven't installed anything new, except for the usually automatic Windows Updates. Also, I've been getting my first errors occassionally ever when even trying to set 3D up after resetting that page in settings.
X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles V13 http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Sea ... D=miscmisc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Strange problem...

Post by cybereality »

Wow, strange. Maybe a stupid answer: but could the batteries be low?
Reticuli
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Reticuli »

I've recharged it recently and even been using it while still plugged in. Lights work on it. Shutters work. It just doesn't sync properly to 110 and 120hz. Is 100hz much easier for the batteries or something? The behavior of the onscreen images seems to be the biggest problem. I'm doubting that blaiming the shutter glasses is even the right avenue. When in 110 mode on the test screen, the images seem to be synced and then smear away from each other and do a strobe thing. With 120hz, the right eye has the biggest issues. 100hz has no problems, so it can't be a shorted out shutter LCD or a lot of other suggestions I see on the net. My bet is that the NVidia drivers are conflicting with some new Windows "feature" that recently got installed. The NVidia drivers had not recently been changed, but after this started happening I tried the newest release drivers and the beta ones. Same issue. At first I thought it was Windows Performance related, possibly to ClearType, which I had just turned on in the last week. But putting all of that to minimum didn't fix it. Or if it did, not for long. I also reset my 3D settings, which I know can sometimes conflict. Still no go. Only had the system probably 7 months.
X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles V13 http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Sea ... D=miscmisc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Are you using multiple monitors? Maybe unplug the other ones.

Also make sure you have a Dual-Link DVI cable and that the cable is not loose.

Also I recall people having problems with USB Hubs. Make sure the emitter is plugged directly into the motherboard, or maybe try unplugging any unnecessary USB devices.
Reticuli
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Reticuli »

No multiple monitors. I have another LCD, but it's not hooked up and the Nvidia software says there's only one.

Dual DVI cable is the same one that came with the Asus. It sends 120hz to the monitor just fine. It's just that the stereo rendering/flipping is not functioning properly within the driver/Windows domain anymore.

And there is no hub there. It's on the same USB/firewire card it was on last month and the month before.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”