CPT Shows 3D Display On A Laptop

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

CPT Shows 3D Display On A Laptop

Post by Silversurfer »

:D I can't keep up!

"1:50 PM - June 13, 2008 by Roberto Buonanno, Jane McEntegart
Source: Tom's Hardware – Keywords: 3D, laptop, display

Display Taiwan has some really great products, everywhere you turn there’s something new that you didn’t notice when you first walked by. On Day one we saw Taiwanese company, Chunghwa Pictures Tubes, which specializes in the manufacturing of television and display components.

CPT showed off its 15-inch 3D display for laptops that works without those less than flattering 3D glasses. CPT is ready to supply these displays to customers and we saw one of them in action.

We like what we saw. This particular model had a 1440 by 900 resolution and he 3D action was smooth with a real sense of depth of field and compared to other solutions in the past, we were impressed with the view angle. You can see the 3D effect without sitting directly in front of the display. CPT was showing a couple of demos and the Transformers game, all of which looked awesome. Howver, the display can’t give the same effect that you’d get with the 3D glasses and to really reap all the benefits of the display and feel like the objects are actually coming out of the screen, you’d need to get yourself a pair.

One of the most interesting features is that the 3D technology, named "Display Barrier", can be switched on and off at the touch of a button allowing you enable switch between 3D and 2D at will.

We don’t have an exact release date or price as of yet, but according to CPT, this new panel will be available in late 2008 or beginning of 2009 and will only cost slightly more than standard ones. We can expect several of the major gaming system integrators to feature these on gaming oriented laptops."

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/3D-lap ... ,5662.html

When will it end or has 3-D finally arrived?
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: CPT Shows 3D Display On A Laptop

Post by LukePC1 »

nice finding
Silversurfer wrote: [...]
We don’t have an exact release date or price as of yet, but according to CPT, this new panel will be available in late 2008 or beginning of 2009 and will only cost slightly more than standard ones.
[...]

When will it end or has 3-D finally arrived?
If I need a laptop I might head for such a device - if it is realy only slightly more expencive and not twice as expencive :D

No 3D has not arrived jet. Look at the comments most people make... it's still some work left... and it's not said, that these 3D screens work much better than those that exist for ages, but never became main stream...
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Wow, its like every day theres something else.

I'd get a 3D laptop, thats the best promotional tool. Hey, you could just sit in Starbucks with that thing and I bet you'd turn at least 3 people a day onto S3D!
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

cybereality wrote:Wow, its like every day theres something else.

I'd get a 3D laptop, thats the best promotional tool. Hey, you could just sit in Starbucks with that thing and I bet you'd turn at least 3 people a day onto S3D!
Can't agree more. 3D has to be seen to make the proper impact and it's almost impossible to show in a 2d-hardware-environment.
Great find Silversurfer!.

cheers
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”