Just placed an order for the Dev Kit! Order #43705 ?!

KBK
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Re: Just placed an order for the Dev Kit! Order #43705 ?!

Post by KBK »

2eye guy appears to be having an issue. Or a fit. Hard to tell.

In other matters, there is an article on physorg on holodecks.

I threw a comment in there.

http://phys.org/news/2013-03-holodeck.html
Intelligence... is not inherent - it is a point in understanding. Q: When does a fire become self sustaining?
2EyeGuy
Certif-Eyable!

Post by 2EyeGuy »

No, just giving you helpful advise that you choose to ignore. Your grasp on reality is practically non-existent, and your life would be much improved if you got some kind of help. The lives of people around you who have to deal with you would also be improved.

BTW, for those having trouble distinguishing them... having a fit looks like this:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRZY2a2jnuw[/youtube]

While having an issue looks like this:

It might be useful to learn the difference in case you ever have to give first-aid.
geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Post by geekmaster »

KBK wrote:... It is the only cable in the world that is capable of transverse and longitudinal waves. Which is why it measures 'all wrong'. Even in the calibrations lab of TI. Plasma, gas, and liquid can exhibit the longitudinal component. Solids cannot. :)
I just looked up "magnetohydrodynamics" which just "rang a bell" (after mulling over the confluence of these terms in such close proximity). I found something interesting that makes it not seem quite so illogical:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetohydrodynamics wrote:Magnetohydrodynamics (MHD) (magneto fluid dynamics or hydromagnetics) is an academic discipline which studies the dynamics of electrically conducting fluids. Examples of such fluids include plasmas, liquid metals, and salt water or electrolytes. ... In an imperfectly conducting fluid the magnetic field can generally move through the fluid following a diffusion law with the resistivity of the plasma serving as a diffusion constant ... The wave modes derived using MHD plasma theory are called magnetohydrodynamic waves or MHD waves. In general there are three MHD wave modes:
Pure (or oblique) Alfvén wave
Slow MHD wave
Fast MHD wave
All these waves have constant phase velocities for all frequencies, and hence there is no dispersion ...
I am quite tired though, so my thoughts are leaning more toward intuition than critical thinking, and somehow in this mental state, KBK may actually be onto something. Hard to tell though, but intuitively, critical thinking and intuitive thought are both valid but do not fully overlap. Perhaps there is room in reality (and science) for both... It all feels so mystical though, like when I studied quantum theory so long ago. Strangely, some minds can come "unhinged" when studying such things, and mine was one. Getting dreamy here... Bed time... I hope I do not dream about MHD and quantum physics inside audio cables now.
:shock:
NegativeCamber
Cross Eyed!

Post by NegativeCamber »

geekmaster wrote:
KBK wrote:... It is the only cable in the world that is capable of transverse and longitudinal waves. Which is why it measures 'all wrong'. Even in the calibrations lab of TI. Plasma, gas, and liquid can exhibit the longitudinal component. Solids cannot. :)
I just looked up "magnetohydrodynamics" which just "rang a bell" (after mulling over the confluence of these terms in such close proximity). I found something interesting that makes it not seem quite so illogical:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetohydrodynamics wrote:Magnetohydrodynamics (MHD) (magneto fluid dynamics or hydromagnetics) is an academic discipline which studies the dynamics of electrically conducting fluids. Examples of such fluids include plasmas, liquid metals, and salt water or electrolytes. ... In an imperfectly conducting fluid the magnetic field can generally move through the fluid following a diffusion law with the resistivity of the plasma serving as a diffusion constant ... The wave modes derived using MHD plasma theory are called magnetohydrodynamic waves or MHD waves. In general there are three MHD wave modes:
Pure (or oblique) Alfvén wave
Slow MHD wave
Fast MHD wave
All these waves have constant phase velocities for all frequencies, and hence there is no dispersion ...
I am quite tired though, so my thoughts are leaning more toward intuition than critical thinking, and somehow in this mental state, KBK may actually be onto something. Hard to tell though, but intuitively, critical thinking and intuitive thought are both valid but do not fully overlap. Perhaps there is room in reality (and science) for both... It all feels so mystical though, like when I studied quantum theory so long ago. Strangely, some minds can come "unhinged" when studying such things, and mine was one. Getting dreamy here... Bed time... I hope I do not dream about MHD and quantum physics inside audio cables now.
:shock:
What possible benefit could be derived from this though? The electron oscillations witht he modulated soundwave have to drive the voice coil and driver using a set electron behaviour characteristic that has been used for a century?

This is waaaay OT.
geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Post by geekmaster »

NegativeCamber wrote:What possible benefit could be derived from this though? The electron oscillations witht he modulated soundwave have to drive the voice coil and driver using a set electron behaviour characteristic that has been used for a century?

This is waaaay OT.
Just exploring KBK's ideas a bit, for better or for worse... Sometimes crazy sounding ideas lead to profound discoveries, but often not. They are certainly hard to fathom from a rational point of view. But such mental journeys can be entertaining at least, and enlightening at best. Kings listened to their court jester for good reason, to explore just such alternative points of view.

And yes, discussion of anything except "order number 43705" is off-topic for this thread, but that topic was exhausted long ago, so ANY posts to this thread are just exhuming a virtual corpse and attempting to revive it and inject it with a new personality... Perhaps zombie threads like this one should just be closed and locked, so they can expire gracefully...
:)
Pingles
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Pingles »

This thread has taken some interesting turns, including just tracking the total number of kits that have been purchased.

I'd hate see a couple of off-topic heated posts get the thread closed.
geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Post by geekmaster »

A thread which such a narrowly defined title as this one cannot stay on topic for long if it is to survive long. Exploring and expanding its borders is inevitable. There is a disturbance in the force, and resistance is futile, so all your base are belong to us!
Last edited by geekmaster on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
lossofmercy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by lossofmercy »

How do I get to see what number I am? Is it just immediately after pre-ordering?
geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Post by geekmaster »

lossofmercy wrote:How do I get to see what number I am? Is it just immediately after pre-ordering?
The numbers are randomized and meaningless, like life itself. But people buy lottery tickets anyway...
Pingles
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Pingles »

geekmaster wrote:
lossofmercy wrote:How do I get to see what number I am? Is it just immediately after pre-ordering?
The numbers are randomized and meaningless, like life itself. But people buy lottery tickets anyway...
Looking back at this thread I don't think they are random. They certainly seem to be increment ing by time. And the increases seem realistic in that they are likely 1 to 1.
geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Post by geekmaster »

Pingles wrote:
geekmaster wrote:
Looking back at this thread I don't think they are random. They certainly seem to be incrementing by time. And the increases seem realistic in that they are likely 1 to 1.
Perhaps not random sequence, but apparently random starting number. And the order number FORMAT supposedly changed as well:
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=140&t=1609

Although the numbers are incrementing, so they give a general sense of the rate of orders being placed, YOUR order number is reportedly not your place in the queue. I have seen posts saying that some early orders had higher numbers than some placed later.

So, for your desire to find your place in line, good luck. But for those tracking order statistics, the order number can still be a useful tool.

Of course, if somebody really DOES figure out the order number algorithm(s), then perhaps we can calculate our place in line. There was a false start in that direction, as I recall. But until then, only Oculus knows for sure...

At least, that is my interpretation at this time, on what (opinionated) information I have gathered in this and in other threads. The internet can provide some interesting and unusual facts and interpretations of wildly varying accuracy, especially in forum posts. My own interpretation is no more accurate, and probably less so.
:lol:
Last edited by geekmaster on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pingles
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Pingles »

My current theory:

In December Palmer said they sold 7000 Kickstarter and a "couple thousand" from the website.

First preorders had different number system but then in January or so the 40000 series started going.

The first few reported were 43000 or so, leading many to believe that 40000 is the product number and 3000 is the website sales numbers. That would jibe with Palmers December numbers.

That would also currently set us at about 6500 sold so far on the website.
cert
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by cert »

i think some developers ordered more than one unit and they got a single order number. so with the actual order number maybe there are 12.000-15.000 preorders from the website.
LNQ
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by LNQ »

It's possible some order numbers are skipped though. Anyone canceling their order at any point before checkout will probably get their own order number even though the order never makes it through.
DaveNagy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DaveNagy »

Apropo of nothing, but does this forum have an "Ignore" feature? 'Cause I've looked, but have failed to find one.
jf031
Cross Eyed!

Post by jf031 »

DaveNagy wrote:Apropo of nothing, but does this forum have an "Ignore" feature? 'Cause I've looked, but have failed to find one.
User Control Panel -> Friends and Foes.
mattyeatsmatts
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by mattyeatsmatts »

Pre-ordered mine back on the 21st Feb and it said estimated delivery in April and just nowi checked the site and the pre orders for now will arrive in May so i assume they areselling like hot cakes. ps i would love a hot cake
squibbfire
Certif-Eyed!

Post by squibbfire »

if oculus keeps going to events...there are gonna be a LOT more sales!
Rift Demos
Total List of Demos
Enter the Rift http://www.entertherift.fr/gamecenter/f ... ?langue=en
Official Oculus Shared Demos https://share.oculusvr.com/
bobv5
Certif-Eyed!

Post by bobv5 »

KBK wrote:
bobv5 wrote:umm, KBK, any device you would connect headphones to is going to be full of metal conductors, so incapable of making longitudinal waves for your cable to carry.

Not quite. ;) This is not the place for it, (regarding the getting into it) but the cable is not made of a frozen lattice. It is not a solid.
I would like to discuss this. Please make a more appropriate thread, with details of where the longitudinal waves will be stored, and how they should be transmitted.
"If you have a diabolical mind, the first thing that probably came to mind is that it will make an excellent trap: how do you get off a functional omni-directional treadmill?"
baggyg
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer

Post by baggyg »

mattyeatsmatts wrote:Pre-ordered mine back on the 21st Feb and it said estimated delivery in April and just nowi checked the site and the pre orders for now will arrive in May so i assume they areselling like hot cakes. ps i would love a hot cake
Ordered my pre order way back on 27th September. I can confirm these orders did not get the 43nnn number like the later ones. Nate confirmed I was in the first 1000 (who also receive free copy of Doom 3). Estimated Dispatch at the time was January although this obviously got moved to April. I am hoping the latest update date of May is applying to later pre-orders and not all post-kickstarter ones. Should know in a couple of weeks at the latest.
GeraldT
Certif-Eyable!

Post by GeraldT »

baggyg wrote:
mattyeatsmatts wrote:Pre-ordered mine back on the 21st Feb and it said estimated delivery in April and just nowi checked the site and the pre orders for now will arrive in May so i assume they areselling like hot cakes. ps i would love a hot cake
Ordered my pre order way back on 27th September. I can confirm these orders did not get the 43nnn number like the later ones. Nate confirmed I was in the first 1000 (who also receive free copy of Doom 3). Estimated Dispatch at the time was January although this obviously got moved to April. I am hoping the latest update date of May is applying to later pre-orders and not all post-kickstarter ones. Should know in a couple of weeks at the latest.
Ahh .. so I guess I won't get a Doom 3 with my Rift "1WB55945M0444974F" on November 21. ... good to know, now I can buy it on Steam :lol:
want to demo the Rift or check it out? click here
maboo63
Cross Eyed!

Post by maboo63 »

why do only these ppl, who are in the "first 1000" get a copy of doom? wasnt it supposed to be that everybody who pledges $300 get that game?
oculusfan

Post by oculusfan »

maboo63 wrote:why do only these ppl, who are in the "first 1000" get a copy of doom? wasnt it supposed to be that everybody who pledges $300 get that game?
For the Kickstarter yes. After the Kickstarter they started taking preorders on the website. The 1st 1000 preorders from the website also get the free copy of Doom 3 BFG.
Pingles
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Pingles »

Oculus was likely licensed for a certain number of copies.
NegativeCamber
Cross Eyed!

Post by NegativeCamber »

Pingles wrote:Oculus was likely licensed for a certain number of copies.

John Carmack said he was personally buying copies from id to distribute with the Rift.
Valez
Cross Eyed!

Post by Valez »

He did, but not all of the Kickstarter copies.

There is a quote from Palmer or Carmack arround here somewhere about that.
geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Post by geekmaster »

NegativeCamber wrote:
Pingles wrote:Oculus was likely licensed for a certain number of copies.
John Carmack said he was personally buying copies from id to distribute with the Rift.
In which case we all owe John a HUGE "Thank You!" when we get our Rifts with his free gift inside (at no small cost to himself). Thank you kindly, Mr. Carmack!
:D
drifter

Post by drifter »

New Order Update System :)

https://www.oculusvr.com/sales/
drifter

Post by drifter »

GeraldT wrote:Ahh .. so I guess I won't get a Doom 3 with my Rift "1WB55945M0444974F" on November 21. ... good to know, now I can buy it on Steam :lol:
30€ for a 10 years old game... :?
well I guess I have to buy it nevertheless, even if I wont play it too much (too fast-paced), because it's the first Rift-ready game ever, and because we owe that to Carmack
maboo63
Cross Eyed!

Post by maboo63 »

just for clarification: every kickstarter backer gets a copy of doom right?
Pingles
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Pingles »

Yes, and the first 1,000 website purchasers.
Dakor

Post by Dakor »

https://www.oculusvr.com/sales/

Due to the new Sales site my Order id is: 020818.
But I never got that number via mail or something. My Order Number (which i received after ordering) is a long strange mix of numbers and letters.
I ordered at at Nov 5.
German blogger, enthusiast and developer.
maboo63
Cross Eyed!

Post by maboo63 »

thx oculusfan and pingles :)
2EyeGuy
Certif-Eyable!

Post by 2EyeGuy »

I preordered on the first day of preorders:
In that new sales page for me they wrote:Order ID: 020062

Purchase Date: Sep 26, 2012 10:59 AM UTC

Order Status: Ready - Your order is ready! We'll notify you as soon as it's shipped.
So it looks like I was the 62nd person to preorder a dev-kit and will be getting Doom 3 BFG (which is good, since I already downloaded it and have been editing the source code for it).
For Kickstarters it seems to be just the actual order number, so if you were the second person to pledge for it, it would be 000002
For Preorders it seems to have started as 02 followed by your actual pre-order number (before they started telling people their order numbers), and then switched to a different system starting from 043000? (when they started telling people their order numbers).
I don't know what the order numbers for pre-kickstarters look like.

The order number for "John Doe" is 046492 on the 7th of March, so maybe they sold an extra 3491 since the new system?
Dakor

Post by Dakor »

2EyeGuy wrote:So it looks like I was the 62nd person to preorder a dev-kit and will be getting Doom 3 BFG (which is good, since I already downloaded it and have been editing the source code for it).
For Kickstarters it seems to be just the actual order number, so if you were the second person to pledge for it, it would be 000002
For Preorders it seems to have started as 02 followed by your actual pre-order number (before they started telling people their order numbers), and then switched to a different system starting from
If that's true, i'd be the 818th person on the website and I will get Doom 3 as well :shock: That would be great..
I always thought I was way to late for that.. :D
German blogger, enthusiast and developer.
2EyeGuy
Certif-Eyable!

Post by 2EyeGuy »

Here are all the order numbers (except one that seems unreliable), they appear to always increase by one with each order (except for jonomf who is probably wrong) within their category (although Kickstarters who didn't pledge enough for a Rift also get a number):

Code: Select all

000001: kickstarter Aug 1, 2012 10:52 AM UTC - Miranda (Kickstarter) ?????
000002: kickstarter Aug 1, 2012 07:53 AM UTC - rcblob (also on redit)
000005: kickstarter Aug 1, 2012 10:54 AM UTC - Jonothon Sands (Kickstarter)
000009: kickstarter Aug 1, 2012 07:57 AM UTC - kenokhi
000022: kickstarter - tbowren
000074: kickstarter Aug 1, 2012 11:30 AM UTC - dr4ch (redit)
000101: kickstarter "I'm pretty sure I was the 101 person to pledge for the development kit." - rmcclelland
00012x: kickstarter (unassembled) before 9 AM UTC - cms
000145: kickstarter - Annon
000152: kickstarter Aug 1, 2012, 11:56 AM UTC - pizzy00
000169: kickstarter (unassembled) Aug 1, 2012 09:03 AM UTC - Darobga@gmail.com
000180: kickstarter Aug 1, 2012 12:xx PM UTC - hellgrind (redit)
000181: kickstarter Aug 1, 2012 12:07 PM UTC - foisi
000199: kickstarter Aug 1, 2012 12:11 PM UTC - sellars (redit)
000207: kickstarter Aug 1, 2012 12:13 PM UTC - unt1tled (redit)
000413: kickstarter Aug 1, 2012 12:54 PM UTC - Modab (redit)
000499: kickstarter - Michael Kasprzak (Kickstarter)
0005xx: kickstarter Aug 1, 2012, 1:08 PM UTC - joakizmo
000624: kickstarter Aug 1, 2012 01:35 PM UTC - renrutal (redit)
000659: kickstarter Aug 1, 2012 - a7las 
000788: kickstarter Aug 1, 2012 02:05 PM UTC - Acriku
000811: kickstarter "a couple hours after the kickstarter came online" - zalo
000934: kickstarter Aug 01, 2012 02:20 PM UTC - Skylead (redit)
000983: kickstarter Aug 01, 2012 02:26 PM UTC - AndrewZorn (redit)
001031: kickstarter Aug 01, 2012 02:33 PM UTC - noname-_- (redit)
001157: kickstarter Aug 1, 2012 02:56 PM UTC - aionskull (redit)
0014xx: kickstarter - LordJuanlo
001581: kickstarter Aug 1, 2012 04:21 PM UTC - EntroperZero (redit)
001812: kickstarter Aug 1, 2012 05:10 PM UTC - WormSlayer (redit)
001904: kickstarter Aug 1, 2012 05:34 PM UTC - MrHackworth (redit)
001995: kickstarter Aug 1, 2012 06:00 PM UTC - Littleme02 (redit)
001997: kickstarter Aug 1, 2012 06:01 PM UTC - bfoz (redit)
002002: kickstarter Aug 1, 2012 06:02 PM UTC - candreacchio (redit)
002030: kickstarter Aug 1, 2012 06:08 PM UTC - Twerk (redit)
002xxx (about 0020xx): kickstarter Aug 1, 2012 6:20 PM UTC - WiredEarp
002227: kickstarter Aug 1, 2012 - ammonthenephite (redit)
002236: kickstarter Aug 1, 2012 07:10 PM UTC - UNREASONABLEMAN (redit)
002249: kickstarter Aug 1, 2012 07:17 PM UTC - Magneon (redit)
002350: kickstarter Aug 1, 2012 08:03 PM UTC - cbkeur (redit)
002356: kickstarter Aug 1, 2012 08:02 PM UTC - Slortz (redit)
0024xx: kickstarter Aug 1, 2012 09:02 PM UTC - g_r (redit)
002617: kickstarter Aug 1, 2012 10:22 PM UTC - Dominic Wild (Kickstarter)
003003: kickstarter Aug 2, 2012 - hammerbot
0030xx: kickstarter Aug 2, 2012 - backstaia
003138: kickstarter Aug 2, 2012 04:25 AM UTC - pewpewk (redit)
003303: kickstarter Aug 2, 2012 06:35 AM UTC - 50 CALBR (redit)
004042: kickstarter Aug 2, 2012 06:27 PM UTC - shamansanchez (redit)
004128: kickstarter Aug 2, 2012 08:42 PM UTC - larevolucion (redit)
004441: kickstarter Aug 3, 2012 08:51 AM UTC - amesolaire (redit)
004599: kickstarter Aug 3, 2012 02:56 PM UTC - WarHammster (redit)
004657: kickstarter Aug 3, 2012 04:46 PM UTC - gmduncanidaho (redit)
004721: kickstarter Aug 3, 2012 07:21 PM UTC - soderna (redit)
004726: kickstarter Aug 3, 2012 07:47 PM UTC - DiNoMC (redit)
0047xx: kickstarter Aug 3, 2012, 10:32 PM UTC - Scog
00488x: kickstarter - alekki
==== possible end of first 5000 ====
005166: kickstarter Aug 4, 2012 10:33 PM UTC - Peterotica (redit)
0052xx: kickstarter - frakur
005541: kickstarter - marbas
0057xx: kickstarter Aug 6, 2012, 9:10 PM UTC - fraherd
006107: kickstarter Aug 8, 2012 04:39 AM UTC - blinry (redit)
006415: kickstarter Aug 9, 2012, 12:16 PM UTC - LazloTheGreat
0067xx: kickstarter Aug 11, 2012 - cms
==== probable end of first 5000 ====
006950: kickstarter - IGameArt
==== definite end of first 5000 ====
007225: kickstarter Aug 16, 2012 02:20 PM UTC - adamkavon (redit)
007350: kickstarter - Desmond (Kickstarter)
008436: kickstarter Aug 27, 2012 07:22 PM UTC - StuffedDeadTurkey (redit)
008628: kickstarter Aug 28, 2012 11:36 AM UTC - yep_I_agree (redit)
0087xx: kickstarter Aug 28, 2012 - danielbln (redit) ????
009275: kickstarter Aug 30, 2012 01:31 PM UTC - bonekeeper (redit)
009437: kickstarter Aug 31, 2012 12:13 AM UTC - dharma-bum (redit)
009xxx: kickstarter Aug 30, 2012 - MSat
009614: kickstarter Aug 31, 2012 11:19 AM UTC - T3h_Danger (redit)
009794: kickstarter Aug 31, 2012 05:43 PM UTC - Oneironaut2 (redit)
009805: kickstarter Aug 31, 2012 05:50 PM UTC - my4keys82 (redit)
009814: kickstarter Aug 31, 2012 06:06 PM UTC - tebee (redit)
009819 kickstarter Aug 31, 2012 06:09 PM UTC - crespo80 (also on redit)
0098xx: kickstarter Aug 31, 2012 - DaEmpty 
010139: kickstarter Sep 1, 2012 just seconds left - Hewster
==== end of kickstarters ====
020062: preorder Sep 26, 2012, 10:59 AM UTC - 2EyeGuy
020065: preorder - Naru
0200xx: preorder Sep 26, 2012 12:34 PM UTC - Jaybug
020130: preorder Sep 26, 2012 05:15 PM UTC - unsilentwill (redit)
0201xx: preorder Sep 27, 2012 - baggyg
020223: preorder Sep 27, 2012 12:51 PM UTC - zille33 (redit)
020288: preorder Sep 28, 2012 04:35 PM UTC - jflat06 (redit)
020xxx: preorder Oct 4, 2012 - WiredEarp
020428: preorder Oct 5, 2012 09:40 PM UTC - thebigbot (redit)
020605: preorder Oct 17, 2012 - ftarnogol
020656: preorder Oct 21, 2012 12:53 PM UTC PapsmearAuthority (redit)
020735: preorder Oct 28, 2012 07:15 AM UTC - GrixM (redit)
020818: preorder Nov 5, 2012 - Dakor
020898: preorder Nov 10, 2012 - Leahy
020954: preorder Nov 15, 2012 - rosts (redit)
==== end of Doom 3 BFG? ====
021100: preorder Nov 27, 2012 02:53 PM UTC - FussyCashew (redit)
021343: preorder Nov 05, 2012 - jonomf (redit) ??????
02xxxx: preorder early december (probably, incomplete evidence)
==== New Order System ====
043582: preorder Jan 9, 2013, 8:53 AM UTC - drifter
043583: preorder Jan 8, 2013 11:59 PM UTC - msfreemind (redit) ?????????????
043599: preorder Jan 9, 2013 - besttype (redit)
043xxx: preorder Jan 10, 2013: had sold "a couple thousand" or "about 3,000" via the preorder website
043656: preorder - totallymichael
043663: preorder Jan 10, 2013 - przecinek
043705: preorder Jan 10, 2013 night (timezone?) - TheLostBrain
043750: preorder Jan 11, 2013 - zebrastealer
043759: preorder Jan 11, 2013 01:59 PM UTC - Paizuri (redit)
043771: preorder Jan 12, 2013 - DaveNagy
043835: preorder Jan 13, 2013 - mscoder610
043961: preorder Jan 15, 2013 - wavefunction
043966: preorder Jan 15, 2013 - Zoide
044080: preorder Jan 16, 2013 02:24 AM UTC - Tenchu55 (redit)
044139: preorder Jan 16, 2013 01:19 PM UTC - robsonpr (redit)
044297: preorder Jan 17, 2013 01:37 PM UTC - Popopinsel
044765: preorder Jan 24, 2013 03:52 PM UTC - mwilcox (redit)
044890: preorder Jan 27, 2013 10:10 AM UTC - meanmon13 (redit)
044919: preorder Jan 28, 2013 09:20 AM UTC - konchok (redit)
045025: preorder Jan 30, 2013, 04:13 PM UTC - Kerry (mtbs3d) / Kurry (redit)
045070: preorder Jan 31, 2013 03:22 PM UTC - spire8989 (redit)
045121: preorder Feb 01, 2013 07:10 PM UTC - Zaaier (redit)
045216: preorder Feb 4, 2013 12:45 AM UTC - covertc (redit)
045294: preorder Feb 5, 2013 - ishist
045367: preorder Feb 6, 2013 - beatet
045405: preorder Feb 06, 2013 11:00 AM UTC - solarpoweredbiscuit (redit)
045422: preorder Feb 6, 2013 (Post Fallon) - Diorama 
045605: preorder Feb 10, 2013 - Xyleene
045821: preorder Feb 15, 2013 02:09 PM UTC - pAnatiC (redit)
045950: preorder Feb 19, 2013 - Callezetter
045954: preorder Feb 19, 2013 (spain) - Cernos
046213: preorder Feb 24, 2013 04:35 PM UTC - yaqueeah (redit)
046414: preorder - Tirregius
046516: preorder Mar 2, 2013 05:46 PM UTC - RedLogic (redit)
046564: preorder Mar 4, 2013 - squibbfire
046601: preorder Mar 5, 2013 - norgoth
046667: preorder Mar 07, 2013 09:10 AM UTC - rainbowpizza (redit)
046682: preorder Mar 07, 2013 01:38 PM UTC - happyfingers (redit)
046692: fake preorder Mar 7, 2013, 12:10 AM UTC - John Doe
046752: preorder (shipping in "May") - phillypro
(Updated from redit and Kickstarter)

See also: http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments ... /?sort=new
Last edited by 2EyeGuy on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:45 am, edited 10 times in total.
2EyeGuy
Certif-Eyable!

Post by 2EyeGuy »

And for the Latency Tester:

Code: Select all

#91: Feb 28, 2013 - Popopinsel
#125: Feb 28, 2013 - KBK
#291: Feb 28, 2013 (Aus) - 2EyeGuy
Kerry
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Kerry »

Order ID: 045025
Purchase Date: Jan 30, 2013 04:13 PM UTC
Order Status: Ready
twofoe
Cross Eyed!

Post by twofoe »

Here's mine:
OculusVR wrote: Order ID: 045858
Purchase Date: Feb 16, 2013 11:50 AM UTC
Order Status: Ready
Looks like there's about 11,500 Rifts ordered, looking at the data. 7,000 from kickstarter (Palmer quote) + 818 preorders old system + 3692 from new system = 11,510. Maybe add ~200 if the old system went up to 1,000 and ended with Doom

Edit: and add an unknown number of preorders from the unintelligible code period in November/December...
Pingles
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Pingles »

Palmer said 7000 sold in Kickstart but the Kickstart numbers go up to almost 10,000.

So the Order number, I think, does NOT indicate the number of Rifts sold. Each Kickstart pledge got its own order number.

Return to “Oculus VR”