Shutter Glasses for PC and projector help needed...

Tutorials on how to create your own rigs, pics, movies, and everything that has to do with S-3D at home!
Gae43
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Shutter Glasses for PC and projector help needed...

Post by Gae43 »

Hi all,
I haven't been around for a while (don't know why really) but I have a specific question to ask all you clever people. Please don't flame me for using such old technology (I do have a small 23" 3D monitor too).
For years I have been using the Xtreme 3D shutter glasses connected via a dongle to my PC (connected to my Infocus X1 projector) and have enjoyed watching sbs movies in 3D on the big screen. My Xtreme 3D shutter glasses (and extra pairs) have died a death these past few months and I've been watching all my 3D Blu-rays on my LG monitor. The picture looks great but I really miss the big screen impact (even at a lower resolution). I've considered buying a new Xtreme 3D system and importing it from the US but I also had another thought. I noticed that the dongle has a mini VESA connection and so I was wondering if I could get a compatible pair of active shutter glasses that would work with my setup...assuming that the dongle was still working of course.

I've done some research and have found the following information...

1) The VESA connection is for the IR emitter (I assume I would need to buy one of these)
2) The active shutter glasses would need a blue line code in order to sync with Stereoscopic player. (I believe I need an earlier version of Stereoscopic Player but sView may also work. I tried to install sView on my laptop and it wouldn't run).

I have to add that I want this setup to watch 3D movies in sbs avi format only and not for gaming. I have been able to watch 3D movies for several years with my other glasses.

So is it worth me trying to get some active 3D glasses to work with my system or should I just buy another Xtreme 3D kit?

Thanks for any advice.

Gae43
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Shuttre Glasses for PC and projector help needed...

Post by cybereality »

Yeah. You should be able to buy any old 3D glasses that have the VESA plug (e-dimensional, ELSA, etc.).

You can get the ELSA glasses, and the IR emitter here (or check eBay maybe for better prices):
http://www.ultimate3dheaven.com/3dstac1.html
Gae43
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Shutter Glasses for PC and projector help needed...

Post by Gae43 »

Thanks for the quick reply Cybereality..I have looked at the website that you linked and can use it as as alternative method for importing compatible glasses....thanks.

I was really hoping though, that I might be able to buy some 3D active glasses here in the UK (say a universal set for a 3D TV off Amazon) and use them for my setup. I guess I'm a bit impatient and don't want to have to wait weeks to import some glasses (also there's the International shipping charge to consider too).

I'll need to do a bit more research into compatibility issues of the 3D TV glasses that are now widely available to buy online.

Gae43

Return to “Do it Yourself!”