VMJ 65" 3D LCD display

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
micronaut
One Eyed Hopeful

VMJ 65" 3D LCD display

Post by micronaut »

From engadget: http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/05/worl ... spacetime/

world's largest 3D LCD panel from VMJ measuring in at 65-inches. The stereoscopic panel developed with support from VisuMotion features a 1920 x 1080 resolution, 6-ms refresh, 120-degree viewing angle, and DVI and RGB inputs. Best of all, no goofy 3D glasses of any type are required thanks to the incorporation of Sharp's Parallax Barrier viewing technology. Priced at ¥3.15 million (about $30k)

I might get 2!
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

Nice :D
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

65" ain't no joke. That would be a monster set even in 2D. In 3D, that would just be something else.

But it better come with some medical insurance cause I know I would be hurtin' after spending $30k on a tv!
Neil

Post by Neil »

Or if it tipped over and landed on me.

Neil
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

Hmm 65" Autoseteoscopic? for 30k?

Who is willing to come with me to a bank robbery?

:D
LawnDart
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by LawnDart »

At that price, I'd rather it tip over on me and kill me than tip over and break the glass. :lol:
micronaut
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by micronaut »

cirk2 wrote:Hmm 65" Autoseteoscopic? for 30k?

Who is willing to come with me to a bank robbery?

:D
Does MTBS not pull enough prestige in the 3D industry to get a review unit? If you do, I volunteer to store it in my front room when the review is done :p

I'd trade my retina's watching the Starwars hoth battle in 65" 3D.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

micronaut wrote:I'd trade my retina's watching the Starwars hoth battle in 65" 3D.
You won't have to. The Empire Strikes Back 3D should be coming to theaters around late 2010 if the rumors are to be believed.

By that time I would hope this unit will have dropped in price!
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

If you have enough money you could get a passive polarized rig instead. With decent projectors (lcd-ones with 2500 lumen) + the expensive stereopol-filters with antireflective coating plus silverscreen you'll end up at appr 3500-3600 euros. You can save money by buying cheaper filters and/or projectors since there's no really need for such high light output (always running beamers on low noise /2000 lumen). If i sometime in the future will get more space i'll go up a number in screendimension instead. :D
Nowadays it doesn't seem too expensive since it's 100" and many can watch at the same time. Still have to wear polarized glasses though. ;). Another bonus is of course that you can watch ordinary movies on a big screen even if it's not 3d.

cheers
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

Or just get a DLP for a fraction of the price... Samsung just brought out a few new sets as well...

http://pages.samsung.com/us/hd/?cat=1&c ... msung+HDTV

so many options these days :)
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

I'd like to try one glassless HDTV/monitor to see for myself how well it works.

About pixel67 link :
Wow. Samsung is really advertising their 3D HDTV well on this website. You click 3D HDTV and it gives you a list of the supported models. I've been searching for that list in the past without success.

There's something strange about Samsung's website. I did not know this link. I always went to http://www.samsung.com/us/index_main.html . If you got there, the information on the 3D features of the Samsung models is very scarse. The website of Samsung is badly made, if you ask me. How do you go from the main website to the page you linked?

After searching hard, I found out. You need to click the menu Consumer-­>Televisions. Then, you click on Innovations on the menu that appeared below the first menu. Then you click on the picture in the middle of the screen. :shock: That was too well hidden.
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

cybereality

Post by cybereality »

I think Samsung is doing what they can at this point in time. If there were more driver support or more 3d movies I'm sure they would push harder.

On Amazon I type "Samsung 3d-ready" and it displays a list of compliant sets. The product descriptions on Amazon.com mention the 3d-Readyness in the first paragraph:
The HLT generation of Samsung DLP HDTVs are capable of displaying future 3D games, movies, and other programming via 3D compatible glasses and hardware.
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-HLT6176S- ... B000N53T82 (61" 1080P 3D-ready for an affordable price)

Also, if I type "Samsung 3d" in Google it takes me here:

http://product.samsung.com/dlp3d/

Seems like they are doing more than enough. Its the content thats the issue.

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”