edimensional releases a new product

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

edimensional releases a new product

Post by yuriythebest »

unfortunately not a 3d product, still worth mentioning
http://edimensional.com/product_info.ph ... cts_id=143

in other news the largest 3d display was released
http://gizmodo.com/5013410/behold-the-w ... lorious-2d
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I'm not so sure about eDimensional really. I bought that Ben Heck force-feedback headset and it broke after not even 6 months. They falsely advertise like its 5.1 surround sound but it was just regular stereo sound. It did look nice (thanks to Ben Heck) but, like it said, the thing don't work at all no more. Between that and their bogus claims about shutterglasses on LCDs, I'm not sure I'll ever give them any money. They are like the snakeoil-salesmen of the 21st century.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

cybereality wrote:I'm not so sure about eDimensional really. I bought that Ben Heck force-feedback headset and it broke after not even 6 months. They falsely advertise like its 5.1 surround sound but it was just regular stereo sound. It did look nice (thanks to Ben Heck) but, like it said, the thing don't work at all no more. Between that and their bogus claims about shutterglasses on LCDs, I'm not sure I'll ever give them any money. They are like the snakeoil-salesmen of the 21st century.
yup. the sad part is that what they sell isn't 100% bad, but the false advertisements is what made me disrespect them. they claim they will "definitely" release new edimensional shutterglass drivers this year. If it were a regular company i'd jump at the news but with them I'll believe it only when I see it. Sad too, this had the potential to be a good company with good drivers...
flexy
Cross Eyed!

Post by flexy »

their glasses are fragile and feel like they've been made in china at a production cost of about $1/piece.

The LCDs are uneven, get dark patches.

You have to be careful not to break those glasses 20mins after you get them.

The drivers are old and dont work. I wouldnt say this if i would actually get ONE game running here using their drivers. The only game which dioesnt crash right away is HL2....but this then with horrible 3D and serious anomalies shown.

The claim that it works well with LCDs is false.

Anything else?

Add: Actually i think the cost for making them is less than $1, maybe $0.50. Seriously.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

flexy I'm surprised you got these results. I agree that the drivers are old and bad, however many games work in it. I just get serious slowdowns that take all the fun out of em.
flexy
Cross Eyed!

Post by flexy »

well i refuse to install XP just to get some games runnig :)

But..forget the glasses with an LCD for sure.

At least i got some use out of them using em for my 3D plasma, even with all the flaws they have.

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”