Star Wars: The Old Republic S-3D Virtual Spacecraft Tour

Find a good S-3D side by side video on YouTube? Share it here!
Eincrou
One Eyed Hopeful

Star Wars: The Old Republic S-3D Virtual Spacecraft Tour

Post by Eincrou »

Since acquiring my 3D Vision 2 setup a month ago, I have put a lot of time into figuring out how to properly produce videos in stereoscopic 3D.

The FRAPS-recorded source material itself is easy to deal with, as all I need to do is shrink the horizontal dimensions by 50% for the half side-by-side format.

Most of the challenge was learning how to make titles (text) appear in the correct location on both sides of the video. Once I found an efficient way to this, I then tried to see if I could manipulate titles in 2D and 3D space. I learned to animate the position and size of titles, and how to properly synchronize the titles on both sides. This allows for creating the illusion of the text having depth within scenes.

This is my first attempt at a real video production; a tour of the Trooper class' spaceship. I graded The Old Republic's S-3D with NVIDIA's drivers here.

For some reason, Youtube does not generate a 1080p WebM video for viewing in Firefox with 3D Vision. The highest resolution available for use with the HTML5 player is 720p.

For 3D Vision users, it's best if you download the 1080p MP4 that the FLASH player uses and watch with a local S-3D player. For an unknown reason, FRAPS records with the eyes swapped and I did not change this for the final video. Make sure you set your source input to "Side By Side Right First," or use the swap eyes function.

I have a ton of ideas for more S-3D gaming videos, so please subscribe if you want to see high quality 3D videos!

http://youtu.be/4tyM92JooKo
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tyM92JooKo[/youtube]
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic S-3D Virtual Spacecraft Tour

Post by cybereality »

Cool. If you are doing more videos you should check out MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 17 Plus. It allows you do to cool stuff with 3D videos.
Zechelon
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic S-3D Virtual Spacecraft Tour

Post by Zechelon »

Is there any known way to connect the SWTOR to the Oculus-Rift DK2?
I tryed VorpX, but it crashes on start-screen... :(

Return to “Favorite Online S-3D Videos”