Page flipping mode unstable

Discussion of legacy stereoscopic 3D gaming hardware and software (e.g. NVIDIA XP stereoscopic 3D drivers).
Innuendo1231
Two Eyed Hopeful

Page flipping mode unstable

Post by Innuendo1231 »

Hello, community.

Does anyone use pageflipping mode with the nvidia legacy 3d drivers?

My new 7950 gt card just arrived after the last one died, and now I've been trying to get it to work with my 4k passive 3d tv.

The card doesn't support 4k resolution (tried creating 3840x2160 @ 30hz but it fails, unlike with newer gtx cards), so I can only use 1920x1080.

The best thing to do would be to set the 3d display mode to ddc vga wich displays the pictures alternately. The TV also has a 3d conversion mode ready for this kind of pageflipping display method.

It works too, and looks great. BUT there is a big problem. It's unstable. It's like it's swaps the eyes every few seconds in an unstable matter. I tried turning vsyinc on and off, but the problem persists.

What could I do ?

The other solution is to use interlaced mode but 1080p interlaced converted up to 4k interlaced looks really awful..... This pageflipping mode would be ideal, if not for this unstable eye swap problem.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Page flipping mode unstable

Post by cybereality »

Page-flipping will never work reliably without a sync method (possible on the VGA DDC channel or with a 3-pin DIN, etc.).

There's just not an easy way to solve this, and lots of people have tried back when the Nvidia XP driver was still a thing (I'm actually surprised anyone is attempting this in 2015).

To be quite honest, your best bet is to use a modern computer and 4K interleave with the DDD TriDef driver.
Innuendo1231
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Innuendo1231 »

cybereality wrote:Page-flipping will never work reliably without a sync method (possible on the VGA DDC channel or with a 3-pin DIN, etc.).

There's just not an easy way to solve this, and lots of people have tried back when the Nvidia XP driver was still a thing (I'm actually surprised anyone is attempting this in 2015).

To be quite honest, your best bet is to use a modern computer and 4K interleave with the DDD TriDef driver.
Actually I use 3d vision + modified edid override to get 4k interleaved on my main rig, but I was looking to play older games below dx9 on my other machine.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

If you 4k tv does not support vga ddc pageflipping then I would recommend a 3d dlp projector. I used to ddc pageflipping with a dlp projector @85hz on vga and it worked good. Now you can get 120 hz projectors cheap, they even have those mini dlp led projectors that are 3d ready but not 4k most likely 1024x768 or 1280x720 maybe even 1080x1920 3d.

Other than that I don't know what to say, theres diy hacks, maybe check the diy section.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Return to “Nvidia Legacy Drivers”