I am Planning to purchase a US PS3 locked to region 1 - US,Canada] although PS3 in India is Pal version
I have a lot of collection mostly region 1 DVDs hence the import....
now as per movie specs here for PS3 : http://manuals.playstation.net/document ... types.html
The following types of files can be played under (Video).
* Memory Stick Video Format
* - MPEG-4 SP (AAC LC)
* - H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile （AAC LC）
* - MPEG-2 TS（H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, AAC LC）
* MP4 file format
* - H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile (AAC LC)
* MPEG-1 (MPEG Audio Layer 2)
* MPEG-2 PS (MPEG2 Audio Layer 2, AAC LC, AC3(Dolby Digital), LPCM)
* MPEG-2 TS（MPEG2 Audio Layer 2, AC3（Dolby Digital）, AAC LC）
* MPEG-2 TS（H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, AAC LC）
* - Motion JPEG (Linear PCM)
* - Motion JPEG (μ-Law)
* AVCHD （.m2ts / .mts）
* - VC-1（WMA Standard V2）
Now my questions :
1)can the region 1 PS3 play decrypted DVDs [NTSC] ?
2)Can the PS3 play .mkv files with / without embedded subs... and Xvid files ?
3)I guess all games around the world are region free - is this true.... ?
update : here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va2a-jQEFHE
as per the video - you cannot copy DVD folder Video_ts but you can copy files inside..... so that means that back dvd as decrypted VIDEO_TS cannot be played directly ....
any news .....