Play new 3D native side by side games with my old edimension

speedy22
One Eyed Hopeful

Play new 3D native side by side games with my old edimension

Post by speedy22 »

I have an old edimensional shutter glasses, with this glasses I can see all the new 3D movies using stereoscopic player, this transform the side by side movie in page flipping movies. With the same logic I want to play the new games with native 3D (they have 3D side by side mode option). My question is, anyone knows if exist a software that let me play this side by side native 3D game, in page flipping mode? The new Led LCD 3D monitor have a solution for this, when you play side by side mode, put the 3D mode in the LCD and the monitor make the page flipping between the two half of image. I have a CRT monitor and don't have this capability, than I looking for software that make this for me, divide the two half image in left and rigth image, and deliver to my CRT monitor one image at a time (this is page flipping mode), in fact the stereoscopic player program do this
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Play new 3D native side by side games with my old edimen

Post by cybereality »

Please do not double-post. Only one thread is necessary.

I do not know of any software that can convert side-by-side to page-flipped on-the-fly. However, you should be able to play modern games using the iz3D driver in interlaced mode. I believe the edimensional glasses can switch to interlaced on the dongle. Then you can play modern games in 3D on your CRT.
speedy22
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by speedy22 »

Sorry, but I don´t know how fits better my post.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Its fine. This is the correct section. In the future, just make sure to only start one thread, people will find it.
speedy22
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by speedy22 »

In fact, this new native 3d games, comes with interlaced mode, but the quality down to the half of the vertical resolution. I'm a programmer and I think is not difficult do the software, but this kind of software is not my speciality.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Side-by-side is also half the resolution.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

There exists a hack made by a Russian guy that allows to activate stereo 3D with supported NVIDIA GPUs but without the need of the 3D Vision kit, it has been published recently somewhere in this forum. With this hack and the ED-activator set to page flipping mode you should be able to play games in stereo 3D in full resolution.
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

I tried this hack yesterday, with my new dlp projector. It worked like a charm. I could use my verstatil anothereye2000 shutters with 3d vision software. Really a hack worth to try speedy.
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760
speedy22
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by speedy22 »

Thanks Fredz and Crime3, but I have an ATI/AMD video card and think than 3D vision russian solution don't work for me.

Yes the side by side mode have the half of resolution, but when I see 3D movie that came in side by side mode, than put the stereoscopic player in page flip and I see the movie perfectly in my 800 x 600 Viewsonic 3D ready DLP projector, In the other hand, when I play interlaced games, they appear like a cut in strips and is very annoying.

This native 3D games (like Avatar, Crysis 2, etc.) came with interlaced mode and I can use it well, but the bad side is that the vertical resolution downgrade to the half. I prube the IZ3D, but if the game have a native 3D option I prefer use the native 3D mode, the performance between IZ3D and native 3D is very noticiable, i can play Crysis 2 in 3D almost at the same FPS than 2D version, but with IZ3D the FPS downgrade a lot.

If I can convert the side by side native output mode in a over/under or page flip input for my CRT monitor, I can use the edimensional activator software for my glasses. I think that is no impossible option, in fact the stereoscopic player and SView player, do something similar, the input is side by side and the program convert this in page flip mode.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Crysis 2 is not real 3D. They just use a post-processing effect to "fake" the 3D. Real 3D, like iz3D, is doing 2 full renders (once for each eye) so that it why it takes more power.
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

Probably it wouldn't be that difficult to hack the directx dll to flip between the two halves of the render target. I wonder if that's what iz3d is trying to do.

Have you tried the experimental version of the iz3d driver?
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760
speedy22
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by speedy22 »

Cyberelity, yes I know but I use a command in the autoexec.cfg file that force to full 2 renders, now I'm in my office but latter, when I get home I put here the command. The difference is noticiable and the FPS is almost the same to 2D one render version.

Crim3, exactly this is I'm looking for. The experimental page flip version of IZ3D need a graphic card with more power, I have an ATI HD 5770 and don´t work for me, also I must to pay for IZ3D :?

:polarized

Return to “General Hardware & Software Technical Support”